Meeting with representatives of the overseas Vietnamese (OV) community in France on November 21 after attending the 18th Francophonie Summit in Djerba, Tunisia, Vice President Vo Thi Anh Xuan attributed the fruitful development of the bilateral relations to the Vietnamese Party and State's sound foreign policy together with efforts of the OVs in France.
She described the OVs in France as a strong community with many successful people who have served as bridges to consolidate the bilateral friendship since the establishment of diplomatic ties nearly five decades ago and the strategic partnership a decade ago.
Vietnam has made the most of international support and experience to preserve and uphold its cultural values not only at home but also abroad, including France, the Vice President said.
In external affairs, Vietnam has consistently advocated settling disputes through peaceful means in line with international law, and not interfering in internal affairs of other countries, including current global conflicts; neither using force nor threatening to use force in international relations, she said, believing that the OVs will support this foreign policy of the State.
Regarding the task of army building, the Vice President affirmed that under the national protection strategy, the Vietnamese Party and State advocate building armed forces in accordance with the country’s development conditions and making them capable of defending the country’s territorial sovereignty in the new situation.
On November 22, the Vietnamese leader and her delegation laid a wreath in tribute to President Ho Chi Minh at Montreau Park in Paris’s suburban city of Montreuil and visited the exhibition area of President Ho Chi Minh in the Museum of Living History in the city.
- PM Lee, President Macron reaffirm France-S'pore ties over dinner banquet
- Deputy PM holds talks with Nigerian Vice President
- French-Thai forum hails bilateral ties
- China’s Xi to boost bilateral ties with Kazakhstan during visit
- Locsin meets Chinese vice president in Beijing
- PM Lee meets Chinese Vice-President Wang Qishan in Beijing
- Vietnam, Sweden full of determination to further foster bilateral ties
- China Focus: Xi's upcoming Russia visit to push forward bilateral ties
- Chinese premier visits Australia to expand bilateral ties
- China VP Wang Qishan, Singapore President Halimah Yacob reaffirm bilateral ties
- US Vice-President Pence meets leaders of India, Vietnam and Myanmar on sidelines of Asean summit
- French government urges Air France to pursue reforms as strikes bite
- Gabon’s Bongo suffered a stroke: Vice president
- Top Chinese officials, including former vice-president, plagiarised university theses: Review
- Former US vice-president Joe Biden enters 2020 presidential race
- Wan Azizah to enhance bilateral ties with visit to China
- Xi urges China-France unity to defend multilateralism
- Amazon fires turn political as Brazil's president calls out France's Macron
- Vietnam-France ties thrive: ambassador
- Greater danger from a trade war is in souring of Sino-US ties, impact on Asia: PM Lee
Vice President urges OVs in France to further contribute to bilateral ties have 450 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.