At a conference on socio-economic development and national security and defense at the Red River Delta until 2030, with vision until 2045, Trong said the Delta has always had a strategic importance regarding politics, economy, culture, society, defense and security. It is a gateway for Vietnam and ASEAN to develop the economy and trade with China, as well as having coordinated traffic infrastructures, he added.
However, the region’s socio-economic development has yet to match its potentials, with a small scale economy, low percentages of modern technological manufacturing industry and worsening pollution. Meanwhile, a resolution aims for the Red River Delta, until 2030, to quickly and sustainably develop, focusing on industry, modern services and agriculture, with a coordinated socio-economic infrastructure.
Until 2045, the Delta would be a modern and ecological development area and the nation’s foremost center regarding education, technology, innovation and healthcare, with modern socio-economic infrastructures and certain major economic and financial hubs for the region and the world.
To achieve that goal, the Politburo said regional interconnectedness must be a central theme for development, and the Delta also needs to cooperate effectively with China, ASEAN and Northeastern Asia.
The planning for the region until 2030, with vision until 2045, must be green, sustainable and comprehensive, it added.
The Red River Delta, with 11 localities, spans 21,200 km2 and accounts for 6.4% of Vietnam’s total area. It has a population of 23 million, accounting for 24% of the total population. Its per capita income is about 1.3 times higher than the national average, and it contributes around 33% of the national budget.
- Protected Special Agricultural Zone in Tamil Nadu’s Cauvery delta: Experts seek powers to implementing authority
- Delta APC Primary Dispute: Court slates Dec 4 for judgement
- State’s outreach to neighboursraises river-linking expectations
- Ancient meteorite site in Germany with similar geology and chemistry to Mars could shed light on how the Red Planet may once have sustained LIFE
- 24 dead as bus falls into river in Rajasthan's Bundi; CM Gehlot expresses condolence
- 24 dead as bus falls into river in Rajasthan
- Election : How women used menstrual blood to stop soldiers in Rivers
- NASA's Mars 2020 rover is fitted with a LASER that vaporizes rock up to 20 feet away to search for signs of life during its mission to the Red Planet
- DELTA KILLINGS: But for protection herdsmen receive, we can deal with them — Prof Muoboghare
- FMIA Super Bowl LIV: How the Chiefs ‘Put the Stinger’ in the 49ers and The Backstory on 2-3 Jet Chip Wasp
- Get out of Ironbridge! Police call for 'immediate evacuation' of Shropshire town as flood barriers will BURST any minute - just hours after defences failed 22 miles along in River Severn at Bewdley
- Việt Nam encourages private investment in energy: Politburo
- Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami launches Rs 2,857 cr health system reform programme
- CORONAVIRUS: 39 quarantined as anxiety spreads
- Spotlight: Business partners remain confident of China's irreplaceable role in supply chains
- Business partners remain confident of China's irreplaceable role in supply chains
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 29
- 'You're not credible!' Corbyn condemned by one of his OWN shadow cabinet as his allies claim disastrous election results 'remarkable success' despite council losses and worst Scottish showing in a century
- Long-Bailey’s shift to attack mode shows what awaits Starmer if he wins
- China’s coronavirus conundrum: Stay home, don’t get sick, get back to work!
Red River Delta should be sustainable, interconnected: Party chief have 531 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.