The GEFE, which will run until November 30, aims to support Vietnam in achieving its COP26 commitments and its National Green Growth Strategy’s socio-economic development goals.
Addressing the plenary session themed "Green Energy and Financing", Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said that climate change and green development are key objectives for Vietnam – one of the five countries hardest hit by climate change, with the aim of bringing prosperity, well-being and happiness to the people.
The PM called for global unity in combating climate change and promoting green development.
In addition, all policies must be people-oriented, and people must participate in policy making and enforcement, he stressed.
The Government leader told participants that Vietnam is promoting the ratification of an Investment Protection Agreement with the European Union to create favorable conditions for businesses of both sides to expand investment, and speeding up the establishment of the Just Energy Transition Partnership (JETP) between the Group of Seven and Vietnam on the basis of ensuring the harmony of interests, fairness and justice in the transition process.
The Vietnamese Government will continue improving the investment environment, reducing input costs for enterprises; encouraging the development of green economy, circular economy, energy transition, and digital transformation; promoting public-private cooperation, diversifying supply chains, products and markets; encouraging innovation; and ensuring political stability, social order and safety to facilitate socio-economic development, he stressed.
Investing in Vietnam is not only for economic benefits but also for the sake of human development, for the friendship between Vietnam and Europe; and helps Vietnamese enterprises develop on a par with European businesses, in the spirit of win-win cooperation, harmonized benefits, and shared risks, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said.
Earlier the same day, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh received EuroCham Vietnam Chairman Alain Cany and leaders of leading European groups who are in Vietnam to attend GEFE 2022.
To implement its green economic development strategy, Vietnam needs the support of the international community in terms of capital, technology, human resources training, institutional building, and governance experience, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said.
Therefore, he asked European businesses to continue expanding business cooperation on the basis of complying with the law and respecting the law of supply and demand.
Leaders of the European groups said that Vietnam has great potential for renewable energy, and they are willing to invest in Vietnam’s wind energy sector.
The business leaders also said they will cooperate and help the country in green and sustainable development.
- Singapore, New Zealand to set up partnership in green economy, climate change
- Singapore and N. Zealand to collaborate on climate change, green economy
- What’s in the new museum to Prime Ministers: concept, content, technology
- UK's partnership with India beacon in stormy seas, says Prime Minister Boris Johnson
- DAILY MAIL COMMENT: Prime Minister's apology should lay Partygate to rest
- US Treasury Secretary Yellen to see Ukraine Prime Minister, avoid Russians at global meetings
- Full transcript: Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal on "Face the Nation," April 24, 2022
- The Countess of Avon, independent-minded widow of the prime minister Anthony Eden and niece of Winston Churchill – obituary
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak asks Prime Minister for probe into his OWN financial affairs
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson & Chancellor Rishi Sunak To Be Fined For Breaking Lockdown Laws
- Pakistan Prime Minister set to unveil Cabinet; Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani to administer oath
- Pakistan: Opposition moves to oust Prime Minister Imran Khan
- Highly likely Russia behind spy poisoning: UK Prime Minister Theresa May
- Boris Johnson FINED for lockdown parties - Will the Prime Minister resign?
- Prime Minister hosts Panamanian Foreign Minister
- Prime Minister welcomes Canadian Foreign Minister
- European manufacturers leaning to greener economy
- Indian Oil, L&T, ReNew Power to form green hydrogen JV
- IOC, L&T, ReNew JV to commission first green hydrogen plant in 18-24 months: ReNew Power
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman in US to attend World Bank, IMF meetings: What's on agenda
Prime Minister attends Green Economy Forum & Exhibition have 631 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 12, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.