The resolution was passed ahead of the upcoming visit to the Philippines by Chairman of the Vietnamese National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue, slated for November 23-25.
The resolution said among the ten member countries of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA), the Philippines and Vietnam have developed a special relation through the years anchored on shared goals, common visions, and mutual interests for the benefit of their peoples and towards a genuinely peaceful and productive path in regional cooperation.
"As a member of the ASEAN, the Philippines accords great importance to its continuing friendship with the member countries, especially with Vietnam, and views the friendship and historical ties of solidarity and cooperation among the Southeast Asian countries as essential elements to attain peace and prosperity in the region," the resolution said.
" It is the mutual desire of the Philippines and Vietnam to deepen and broaden their joint efforts towards the attainment of regional peace and prosperity, foster mutual understanding and cooperation and further strengthen the ties of friendship and solidarity between them through the friendship society," it further said, adding that to further strengthen the long-standing friendship, the Philippines and Vietnam have pledged to continue the exchange of visits by their respective parliamentarians.
N.A. Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue’s upcoming visit to the Philippines will be the first made by a senior Vietnamese leader this year and the N.A. Chairman after 16 years. It will be also the first trip to the Philippines made by a foreign leader following its general election in May.
It will also show Vietnam’s respect for the new leadership of the Philippines and the Vietnam-Philippines strategic partnership after the two countries celebrated the 45th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties last year.
- In signal to China, Obama to give 2 ships to Philippines
- Obama summit with Asian leaders may boost business
- Donald Trump's business ties explain a lot of his dictator worship
- Head of Vietnam's Communist Party traveling to U.S. for the first time next week
- Dixie State unveils plans to boost student housing
- Senate OK's lawyers, testimony, documents tied to Sen. Bob Menendez corruption trial
- Fort Collins hopes to boost Poudre River flows
- Trump approval rating: So low it has to go up? Don't bet on it.
- Fort Collins boosts goals for cutting greenhouse gases
- Red Bank council passes pro-immigrant 'inclusive' resolution. Here's what that means
- Trump's call to 'Buy American' isn't boosting sales of U.S. goods
- Insys Therapeutics seeks boost from new drugs
- Hospital chain CHS' office campus should boost Antioch
- Mayor: Why Phoenix must boost its ties with Mexico
- Ridgewood board approves Chestnut Street development
- Racine County Board approves unusual appropriation; may be tied to huge Foxconn factory
- Fort Collins eyes plan to boost affordable housing
- President Trump's donors launch ad campaign to boost his presidency
- $900M in new investments intended to boost PERS
- Eagle Mountain hydropower gets boost from NextEra
Philippines approves resolution on boosting ties with Vietnam have 469 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.