|Marubeni to foster investment in green energy projects in Vietnam|
The company has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on mutual collaboration with EVN to develop its green energy projects.
The two parties will jointly study a wide range of decarbonisation projects, including the carbon emission reduction of existing thermal power plants in Vietnam and the development of renewable energy and sustainable green energy such as biomass, ammonia, and hydrogen.
|Marubeni is the first company to sign an MOU with EVN focusing on decarbonisation. Together, the two companies will work to achieve decarbonisation in Vietnam's power sector.|
Marubeni is the first company to sign an MOU with EVN focusing on decarbonisation. Together, the two companies will work to achieve decarbonisation in Vietnam's power sector.
The Vietnam Government set the goal of achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. In addition, Marubeni has established the Marubeni Long-Term Vision on Climate Change as of March 2021 and highlighted green strategy as one of its main policies to increase corporate value in its Mid-Term Management Strategy.
Based on this MOU, Marubeni will drive the decarbonisation process of its corporate group forward and enhance its green strategy and is committed to contributing to the achievement of carbon neutrality in Vietnam.
In Vietnam, Marubeni has been involved in constructing and operating 11 thermal projects since the 1970s and started a business to supply renewable energy to commercial and industrial customers in 2021.
Besides, the corporation and Tokyo Gas joined forces with Petrovietnam Power and local machine manufacturer Colavi to establish a joint venture company Quang Ninh LNG Power JSC on a $2.2 billion LNG-to-power project in the northern province of Quang Ninh.
By Ha Vy
- Green energy projects face stark environmental, local opposition nationwide
- SJVN Green Energy, Assam discom to form JV to set up 1,000 MW floating solar projects in Assam
- Suzlon Energy rises 6% on bagging new project from Adani Green Energy
- Vietnamese Gov’t continues to support clean energy projects
- Greenko to supply 1,000-MW green energy to steel maker JSP's Odisha plant
- Indonesia to strike green energy deal with rich nations at G20 summit
- Inox Green Energy Services sells entire stake in 3 arms to Adani Green Energy
- Suzlon bags order to supply wind turbines totalling 48.3 MW to Adani Green Energy
- Suzlon bags 48.3 MW order from Adani Green Energy
- Adani green energy buys 3 SPVs from Inox green energy
- Wind Energy Could Play Major Role in India’s Green Energy Transition. But How Eco-Friendly Is It?
- Green Energy Boom Creates New Job Opportunities for Gen Zers. Will They Answer the Call?
- The Green Paradox—the Pitfalls of Green Energy and How to Overcome Them
- Imminent need for decarbonization reason for investment flow into green energy segment: BA Sawant, prl secy Rajasthan
- India will stop awarding renewable energy projects via e-reverse auctions: MNRE secretary
- Billionaire Adani to target Europe with huge Morocco clean energy project
- Analysis: Indonesia to strike green energy deal with rich nations at G20 summit
- France, Portugal, Spain agree on Med 'green energy corridor'
- Louisiana to Divest from BlackRock over ESG Green Energy Activism
- Five energy projects suggested for national power plan removal
Marubeni to foster investment in green energy projects have 502 words, post on vir.com.vn at November 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.