Hanoi (VNA) – Indonesia succeeded in reducing the amount of plastic waste flowing into the sea by 28.5% in 2021, and it is striving to realise the target of a 70% reduction by 2025, according to the country’s Ministry of Environment and Forestry (KLHK).
Speaking at a recent press conference, Director of Waste Management at KLHK Novrizal Tahar said in 2018, which served as the base year for the target reduction, an estimated 615,674.63 tonnes of plastic waste ended up in the sea.
Out of the total, over 538,182 tonnes came from land and nearly 77,500 tonnes from activities at sea .
More plastic waste was kept from flowing into the sea in 2021 thanks to a reduction of 15.3% achieved in 2020 and 8.10% in 2019.
It is projected that there will be a 38.5% reduction in plastic waste entering the sea in 2022.
The official said he is optimistic that Indonesia can achieve its goal of reducing plastic waste into the sea by 70% by 2025./.
- Indonesian Pharmaceutical Market Value to Reach $10.11B by 2021
- GTA 5 Nuclear Waste Collection ‘Waste Management’ Guide
- Fantastic Plastic, Part 4: Petro Pollution
- SimCity 2013 Utilities Guide – Power, Water, Sewage, Waste Disposal
- Feature: Decision nears on Papua New Guinea coastal mine waste dumping
- Russia's Pharmaceutical Market to Reach $36.61B by 2021
- New Biomaterial Could Replace Plastic Laminates, Greatly Reduce Pollution
- Universal laptop chargers may become a reality, greatly reduce e-waste
- A New Way to Harness Wasted Methane
- Biofuel Could Pay for Itself With Goods Made From Its Waste
- How On-Demand Manufacturing Can Reduce Costs, Improve Supply Chain Efficiency
- Overwatch Orisa guide: kit, tactics, biggest threats and 28 other essential tips
- Changing behaviors key to protecting environment sustainably
- A Tiny Fraction of Oceans Could Satisfy The World's Fish Demand
- Media advisory 4: AGU 2010 Fall Meeting
- Google Updates Android for Web Lite
- December 2010 Geology and GSA Today Highlights
- The best indoor HDTV antennas you can buy
- The Greening of Technology
- SodaStream the drink carbonator gets a fresh makeover
Indonesia reduces 28.5% of plastic waste to sea in 2021 have 328 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.