The event includes different exhibitions showcasing thousands of photos taken by Vietnamese and foreign photographers who participated in the second Ho Chi Minh City International Photo Contest (HOPA) from July 17 to October 15.
The exhibitions feature a wide range of topics such as the world through a lens, Vietnam's beautiful landscapes and development, and Ho Chi Minh City – the dynamic city.
The festival will also offer talks on photography, meetings between Vietnamese and foreign photographers, and field trips to Vietnam's famous destinations to help photographers find inspiration.
Photography equipment is presented at the event as well.
In addition, the organizer launched a 24-hour photomarathon starting from 11am on November 25.
Each contestant can submit five photos for each topic at website http://marathon.hopaphotocontest.com by 11a.m. on November 26.
The winners will be announced at 8p.m. the same day.
On November 30, the association will organize an awards ceremony for the international contest, giving away 56 top prizes for the categories of travel, portrait, and free style in monochrome and color.
HOPA contest was sponsored by the Vietnam Photography Artists' Association (VAPA), the International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP), the Photographic Society of America (PSA) and Image Sans Frontière (ISF).
The organizers received more than 5,800 entries from 534 professional and amateur photographers from 36 countries and territories.
- Visually-impaired children celebrates Mid-Autumn Festival in Ho Chi Minh City
- Int’l visitors enjoy Vietnam’s National Day in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam’s cuisine festival attracts foodies in Ho Chi Minh City
- ‘Lantern streets’ in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City filled with weekend visitors as Mid-Autumn Festival nears
- Ho Chi Minh City to replace fireworks with hot-air balloon show on National day
- Ho Chi Minh City making rapid recovery post-pandemic
- 1,800sqm national flag flying in Ho Chi Minh City sky to celebrate National Day
- Experts offer graffiti solutions for Ho Chi Minh City
- Fines not enough to deter noise pollution in Ho Chi Minh City: officials
- Tuoi Tre starts construction of its $12.8mn complex in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City aims to become top tourist destination
- Over 1.3 million visitors bring Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi $170.4mn during four-day holiday
- 9 must-visit destinations near Ho Chi Minh City for National Day break
- Centuries-old religious sites in Ho Chi Minh City’s Go Vap District
- Treat yourself to an off-the-beaten-path tour to Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Binh District
- Ho Chi Minh City to build two int’l cruise ports
- Ho Chi Minh City Television to organize off-road racing this month
- 1,500sqm transit bus park proposed for overloaded Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh City
- More ports proposed for Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City airport to welcome 120,000 travelers a day during coming holiday
Ho Chi Minh City association holds first international photography festival have 447 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.