Hanoi will be home to a critical event in April 2023 that celebrates the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnam-France diplomatic relation.
Hanoi will host the 12th conference to strengthen the partnership between localities of Vietnam and France in mid-April 2023, Vice Chairman of the People's Committee Nguyen Trong Dong said during his official visit to the region of Ile-de-France last week.
|Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Trong Dong gives a present to Sophie Deschiens, a high-ranking commission of the region of Ile-de-France, on November 22. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
The event aims to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnam-France diplomatic relationship and the 10th anniversary of establishing the Vietnam-France strategic partnership, Dong told a meeting with Sophie Deschiens, the region's high-ranking commissioner in charge of the circular economy.
Dong also suggested that the region of Ile-de-France joins Hanoi to host a workshop as part of a series of activities in the upcoming conference and that Sophie Deschiens visit Hanoi during the conference.
He said that Hanoi and the region of Ile-de-France had developed a close, friendly relationship through time.
"After 33 years, the two sides have seen strong development of bilateral relations in urban planning and management, public transportation, environment, heritage conservation, and tourism," Dong said.
He highlighted that signing the joint action plan between Hanoi and the region of Ile-de-France for 2022-2025 will open a new era to tie the bond between the two localities.
"The relationship between Hanoi and Ile-de-France is an example of local-level partnership between Vietnam and France," he said.
Dong also thanked French authorities for assisting in the construction of public transportation projects and maintaining Long Bien Bridge to make Hanoi a sustainable city.
For her part, Sophie agreed that Hanoi and the region of Ile-de-France would foster the development of mutual projects and promote cooperation between the two authorities in the said sectors.
Virginie Rouquette, director general of France Cities Union (CUF), said that the union is willing to inform local authorities in France about the 12th conference to strengthen the partnership between localities of Vietnam and France in mid-April 2023, as mentioned.
She also said that the CUF would support Hanoi in connecting and working with French cities and provinces to get the event well-prepared on the consultancy of the French government.
- Hanoi hosts activities marking 13th National Women’s Congress
- Vietnam-Japan extensive strategic partnership growing strongly: Party official
- Vietnam president wraps up Singapore visit, giving boost to bilateral strategic ties
- Vietnam to host SEA Games after 19 years
- Vietnam, Singapore reach consensus on directions for all-round ties
- Vietnam, Singapore strengthen strategic partnership and recovery cooperation
- France warship visits Vietnam
- Hanoi lives up to ‘Heroic Capital’, ‘City for Peace’ titles
- Fascinating tours await international travelers to Hanoi
- Vietnam commits to responsible ocean governance
- Vietnam, Singapore issue joint statement on strengthening strategic partnership and recovery cooperation
- Sports doctors, the unsung heroes of Vietnam's success
- Vietnam on cusp of financial reporting standards upgrade
- Hanoi to roll out public bike service
- Vietnam faces triple burden of nutrition: National survey
- Vietnam actively engages in cooperation to ensure nuclear security
- New art space, sculpture exhibition open in Hanoi
- Seminar highlights strong research passion of Vietnamese women scientists in France
- Vietnam-Singapore joint statement: Recovery together from Covid-19
- US gifts Vietnam 34 more ultra-low freezers for vaccine storage
Hanoi to host the Vietnam-France partnership conference in 2023 have 542 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at November 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.