Welcoming the guests, Vice Chairman of the city People's Committee Ha Minh Hai said that the hosting of the WPC Assembly for the first time shows the reputation and role of Vietnam in global efforts for peace.
This is a chance for countries to exchange and uphold the role and value of peace as well as the responsibility of all international community members in maintaining global peace, stability and security.
He took the occasion to spread the image of Hanoi as a City for Peace and a dynamic city on its development process.
He said that over the years, the capital city of Hanoi has been a bright spot in people-to-people diplomacy, adding that the city is determined to expand, enhance and promote its external relations to gather the support of international friends and partners for its development, and contribute to the progressive movement of the world people.
Ilda Figuereido, member of the WPC Executive Board and Chairwoman of the Portuguese Council for Peace, affirmed the support for Vietnam and Hanoi in particular.
Peace-loving countries always want to cooperate with Vietnam to maintain world peace, for a fair and just world order, she stated.
The 22nd Assembly of the World Peace Council is taking place from November 20-26 in Hanoi and Quang Ninh.
- Assembly Elections 2022: PM Modi, Priyanka Gandhi, CM Yogi, Akhilesh Yadav & Others
- The Curse of Being Imran Khan Niazi – Leader of Largest Failing State in the World
- Why Feb 21 Is International Mother Language Day? All About 'Ekushe', Bangladesh Bhasha Andolan
- Putin Plans Not To Hold Bilateral Talks With Leaders Attending Beijing Olympics
- Meet the men behind Akhilesh's UP election charge
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting Retreat opens
- President hosts banquet for Games' global guests
- N. Korea holds key parliamentary meeting in leader Kim’s absence
- ‘I’m Here to Help,’ Trump Tells Tech Executives at Meeting
- Amid Reports of Internal Rift in TMC, Mamata Banerjee Forms 20-member Working Committee After Crucial Meet
- As Trump Meets Xi at Mar-a-Lago, There’s a ‘Wild Card’
- Full speech by Party leader Nguyen Phu Trong at National Foreign Relations Conference
- Internal bickerings ensnare NCP again
- EXPLAINER: Why would world leaders balk at giving Putin DNA?
- War fears mount as Putin to oversee drills, Zelensky to meet allies
- Policy lobbying in Vietnam
- Ukraine-Russia crisis: What to know as tension grinds on
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 17
- LOOK: Duterte is most traveled PH president in first year of office
- Inside Trump’s Hour-by-Hour Battle for Self-Preservation
Hanoi leaders meet international guests attending WPC's 22nd Assembly have 399 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.