Issues such as climate change, loss of biodiversity, and the degradation of lands and oceans are threats to humans and the life on Earth in general, according to organizers.
In response to these threats and as part of the Green Deal, in 2020 the European Commission proposed ambitious E.U. actions and commitments to transform food systems (the Farm to Fork Strategy) into global standards for competitive sustainability, the protection of human and planetary health, as well as the livelihoods of all actors in the food value chain.
The main purpose of this technical workshop is to provide a platform to experts from the E.U. and ASEAN countries to discuss and identify where and how E.U.-ASEAN cooperation could be reinforced and coordinated, targeting sustainability and resilience of food systems.
Themed "Dialogues on Sustainable Food Systems: from production to consumption," discussions will cover the following main topics: Dialogue on Soil health and innovation; Dialogue on sustainable use of pesticides; and Dialogue on food loss and waste.
All three topics should allow looking into strategies, policies and practices, harnessing the multiple stakeholders of the food systems and the different levels of changes that would be desirable. Presentations from speakers will be followed by discussions on existing collaboration, the way for future collaboration that could support the transition at global level
This series of workshops are funded by the European Commission's Service for Foreign Policy Instruments (FPI) under the Farm to Fork Strategy (F2F), which is the E.U. plan to contribute to solving food challenges, and, to this end, proposes pathways for change towards sustainability that provides environmental, health, social and economic benefits.
- EdenFarm focuses on profitability to build sustainable food system
- ASEAN countries discuss response to food security concerns
- Habitat: The Sustainable Cannabis Farm Using Aquaculture To Grow Top-Shelf Weed And Organic Salmon
- Air Pollution Caused By Global Food Production Is Killing More Than 890,000 People A Year, Study Finds
- The Future of Food: How Biotech Will Save Us All
- Environmental Impact Assessments Could Undermine Sustainable Fashion—Experts Explain Why.
- Redbud Brands’ New $46 Million Financing Round Signals Soaring Interest In Startup Studio-Backed Food And Beverage Brands
- App for food lovers to share recipes, earn income
- United States widens ASEAN engagement
- Engagement with ASEAN: A critical element of India’s ‘Act East’ & ‘Indo-Pacific’ policy
- US-ASEAN ties to be upgraded to Comprehensive Strategic Partnership in November: Statement
- ASEAN+3 agree to foster regional financial cooperation
- Asean News Headlines at 9pm on Sunday (May 15, 2022)
- Asean News Headlines at 9pm on Sunday (May 22, 2022)
- Techcombank on track for a seat among the top ASEAN banks
- Thumb ups for 'new era' Asean-US ties
- Biden nominates ambassador to ASEAN
- Biden heralds 'new era' in US-Asean ties
- Vietnam co-chairs ASEAN-Korea Joint Cooperation Committee’s meeting
- Vietnam calls for more support to ASEAN’s Centrality
E.U.-ASEAN workshop to focus on sustainable food have 456 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 13, 2023. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.