Cooky was founded by Minh Dang and Dai Nguyen, founding members of Foody, a pioneering food delivery player. After successfully exiting Foody to SEA Group, the leading Internet company in South East Asia, the duo has embarked on a new journey to become soulmates for those who don't have much time but love to cook. Cooky app currently has over one million downloads after 1.5 years of operation.
|From left to right: Hieu Pham (CTO), Minh Dang (CEO), Dai Nguyen (COO)|
The pandemic has driven a surge in home-delivery groceries, and this behaviour is being fostered in Vietnam by a young and tech-savvy population. With the rapid adoption of e-grocery solutions, Vietnam's e-grocery market is expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2025, according to Cooky's estimates.
In this setting, Cooky stands out as a health-minded FoodTech company that combines an online grocery store with a meal kit service, allowing customers to shop for either individual ingredients or entire recipes. Cooky provides a wide range of choices focusing on ready-to-cook meal kits.
Cooky's meal kits contain everything needed to create healthy dishes at home. All ingredients are selected carefully from reliable farms and brands in Vietnam. Cooky chefs take care of every aspect of cooking preparation, from getting the right ingredients, weighing out exactly what you need, and providing the recipe, which means your meal will come together in 30 minutes or less. Online orders will be delivered within an hour of order placement or at the customer’s preferred time frame.
"We want to provide easy-to-make, delicious, and healthy meals for everyone who wants to eat well but does not have time to cook. Our customers can leave behind the hassle of grocery shopping and cook whenever they want with no food waste," said Minh Dang, CEO of Cooky.
The fresh funds will be used to accelerate Cooky’s R&D to create more diverse healthy meal kits at better prices. The company will also focus on maximising customer satisfaction by improving personalised services based on customer needs.
Seung-Ho Chae, managing director at Nextrans, said, "The Vietnam grocery retail market should be innovated to become more efficient and transparent. Cooky provides excellent ready-to-cook meals with better pricing and a pioneering system built for farm-to-table distribution. Nextrans believes that Cooky’s innovative model will make meal preparation more convenient and give Vietnamese people a healthier lifestyle."
Vy Le, general partner at Do Ventures, said, "In today’s busy schedule, Cooky provides us with a comfortable way to make meals without planning recipes and going to the supermarket. We’re thrilled to support a team with a proven track record and profound experience in FoodTech and supply chain operations. We believe that Cooky’s founding team can build on its previous success and create a game-changing food delivery service in Vietnam."
By Thanh Van
- Startup Nuro unveils delivery van with no driver — or passengers
- Fresno State-San Diego State rivalry back on. Saying a ‘game is in the bag’ can do that
- Meal service Freshly to open warehouse in Savage, employing 500
- Baltimore's RedOwl acquired by cybersecurity firm owned by Raytheon
- 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S First Test Review: The Weapons-Grade 911
- 15 Great Small Business Ideas
- What Can the U.S. Do to Rekindle Entrepreneurship?
- Emergent BioSolutions opens expanded East Baltimore vaccine plant
- The State of Small Business: Washington
- Mobile technology spurs on-demand deliveries to consumers at home
- City says largest supermarket to open in Howard Park after years of lobbying
- Toyota’s 4th-generation Prius hybrid for 2018 ranges from $24,685-$30,565
- They Still Do That? 11 Old-Fashioned Businesses That Are Still Thriving
- Unbelievable! Three Chevys Are Rewriting The Rules of Endurance Rally Racing
- Best Credit Card Processors 2017
- 10 Great Places to Find a New Business Idea
- 10 Oscar-Worthy Entrepreneurial Performances
- The State of Small Business: District of Columbia
- 10 Female Entrepreneurs Who Inspired Us in 2013
- Search, Click, Buy, Deliver: The Road to Amazon-Style Car Buying
E-grocery shopping startup bags $4.5 million from Nextrans and Do Ventures have 644 words, post on vir.com.vn at November 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.