Dong Nai (VNA) – The southern province of Dong Nai, with its geographical and transport strength, has the advantage to promote selective attraction of foreign direct investment (FDI).
The industrial hub is located in the southern key economic region , serving as a northeast gateway to Ho Chi Minh City. It connects the south central and south Central Highlands regions with the entire southeast region, making the locality a favourable spot for the transport of goods to both domestic and foreign markets.
According to the provincial Department of Planning and Investment, as of October 31, Dong Nai raked in 1.01 billion USD worth of FDI, meeting 91% of the target set for the year.
In the period, there were 38 new projects licenced, whose registered capital amounted to 381.65 million USD. Most of them were invested by those from the Republic of Korea (RoK), Taiwan (China), Japan, and China. Meanwhile, 81 existing projects added 629.69 million USD to their capital.
Assessing the quality of these projects, the department said it has worked on luring projects with large investment capital and using advanced technology, skilled labour, and those in the field of supporting industries. The department has also set a limit on projects that use a lot of unskilled labour, outdated technology, and have negative impact on the environment, following the province’s investment attraction orientations.
It said the newly attracted FDI projects include those in the sectors of plastics, mechanical engineering, food, and logistics, with an average investment rate of 8.65 million USD per ha and an average number of employees of 88 per ha, both lower than the 2021 figures. There are no labour-intensive projects with factors that cause environmental pollution.
Leaders of the department said that after the COVID-19 epidemic, many businesses have gradually recovered and boosted production. They have maintained a stable market share and signed new contracts, creating jobs for 617,712 employees.
The province targets to attract 1 billion USD in foreign capital this year. It is coordinating with ministries and agencies to speed up the completion of procedures for setting up new industrial zones approved by the Prime Minister, which are expected to offer 7,000 more hectares of industrial land serving domestic- and foreign-funded projects.
Since the start of the year, many FDI corporations have come to the province looking for investment opportunities such as Aeon, De Heus and Pandora. Many of those already channeling capital into Dong Nai like Novaland, Hung Thinh, Dat Xanh, Sojitz, Canon, Shiseido and Mitsubishi said they will continue to expand their investment.
Park Hyun Bae, chairman of the Korean Business Association in Dong Nai , assessed that businesses from the Republic of Korea (RoK) are constantly pumping more money into the province, particularly in industry and energy./.
- Racing Tips – Top Tipster Steve Mullen’s best racing selections for Saturday, July 29
- At the heart of Saxlingham in Norfolk, a beautiful cottage has risen before the eyes of those living in the area
- Racing Tips – Top Tipster Templegate’s TV horse racing selections for Saturday, February 11
- Racing Tips – Top Tipster Eamonn Hames’ best horse racing selections for Saturday, April 29
- Horse racing tips: Best bets and nap selections for Monday October 30
- Racing Tips – Top Tipster Steve Mullen’s best racing selections for Thursday, August 3
- A final selection of the top stories from 2017 across Gwent
- REVIEW OF THE YEAR: A final selection of the top stories from 2017 across Gwent
- Geneva eyes Unesco recognition for Escalade festival
- Travel: Amsterdam is a city of adventure for families
- Pound down against dollar despite governor's rate hike warning
- South Korea students dive into virtual coins, even as regulators crack down
- Don’t blame Love Island! This is the REAL (X-rated) reason women are getting lip fillers
- Best travel deals in January sales from cheap flights to holiday packages for 2018
- Manhattan: An isle of joy
- Top tips on how to make your dating profile stand out and boost your chances of love
- Book reviews: Time travel, ice adventures and a teacup house
- Art reviews: VAS & SSA Together at the RSA
- Five times Theresa May looked uncomfortable as she was grilled by a powerful committee of MPs
- New year, new bank? Natwest is giving new customers £125 cash when they join until February - how it compares
Dong Nai eyes selective FDI attraction have 693 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.