Poland is now the fifth largest cosmetics producer in the European Union and is seeking new markets, said Business Development Manager of the city-based Office of the Polish Investment and Trade Agency Ho Thi Hanh Ngan.
Ngan described Asia as the world's biggest cosmetics market, with nearly 660 million potential consumers and about 38% of the global revenue. Hence, Polish firms wish to step up trade with Vietnam to effectively navigate ASEAN and Asia, she said.
At the event, the two countries were also said to serve as an important bridge to elevate trade and investment between the E.U. and ASEAN.
ITPC Deputy Director Nguyen Tuan said in the E.U., Poland was one of the first partners to establish diplomatic ties with Vietnam. It also has growing economic and trade ties with the Southeast Asian nation. Poland is now Vietnam’s top trading partner in Eastern Europe while Vietnam is Poland’s seventh largest partner outside the E.U.
In the first nine months of this year, two-way trade surpassed USD 2 billion, over USD 1.8 billion of which involved Vietnamese exports. Major cooperation areas include farm produce, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, green technology and wastewater treatment.
Statistics showed that Ho Chi Minh City is now home to 238 markets, 206 supermarkets, 49 shopping malls and 2,656 convenience stores. It is expected to become a merchandise distribution hub of the entire southeast region and nearby provinces.
Experts hailed Vietnam as a promising market for retail sectors such as healthcare, cosmetics, mother and baby products, fashion, sports and food, with new brands coming to serve young customers.
Chief Representative Officer of the Polish Investment and Trade Agency Piotr Harasimowicz said on the back of important tax incentives brought about by the E.U.-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement, Vietnam could access a wider E.U. market with its 500 million population.
- An Giang province hosts Vietnam-Thailand trade fair
- Vietnam boosts bilateral, multilateral ties at ASEM FMM14
- Vietnam shows active contributions to global issues through ASEM meeting
- Rule of Law in Poland (or lack thereof): 7 Questions for the Article 7 Hearing | View
- Vietnam - Thailand shopping and cuisine fair kicks off in An Giang
- US and Vietnam continue to benefit from relations
- Poland's Supreme Court says that country could be at risk of leaving the E.U.
- Vietnam – China relations thriving: Vietnamese diplomat
- Vietnam part of thriving illegal trade in tigers
- Local, foreign investors welcome new decree outlining fresh approach to planning in Vietnam
- 93 percent of Korean firms satisfied with investments in Vietnam: survey
- Founding anniversary of Vietnam People’s Army marked abroad
- Vietnam's monetary market 2019: earlier forecasts missed the mark
- Deputy FM: PM’s visit lifts Vietnam – Myanmar relationship
- Preventive measures to deal with trade defence
- Cultural festival to connect people on Vietnam-Laos border
- Korean firms satisfied with investments in Vietnam: survey
- Former UBS COMPLIANCE exec is found guilty of insider trading plot after leaking secret takeover targets to friend who made £1.4million profit
- Vietnam to consider reducing ownership at state-run commercial banks
- Strong demand for high-end property in Vietnam
Cosmetics considered highlight of Vietnam-Poland trade have 486 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.