o C, the extreme cold air will move Southwards. It will meet the hot air mass heading North from the Southeast direction to form a tropical convergence strip on the East Sea as well as the central provinces from Quang Binh to Phu Yen. This strip is forecast to cause the precipitation of over 300mm for a long time.
Therefore, the Standing Office of the National Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control yesterday distributed a formal dispatch, asking concerned localities to be well prepared for this upcoming widespread severe cold weather and downpour on land as well as high waves and gales at sea.
Particularly, the Northern and Central provinces urgently guide residents to protect themselves and their assets from flood, severe cold air, whirlwinds, lightning, hail and gales. The mountainous areas should try to ensure safety for senior residents and children. It is forbidden to use honeycomb charcoal stove for heating in a closed room.
The coastal provinces from Quang Ninh to Quang Ngai must deliver timely warnings to ships at sea to avoid high waves and gales during this harsh weather.
By Van Phuc – Translated by Thanh Tam
- Torrential rain causes flooding, landslides across Northwestern provinces
- Northern region to have more rains at night
- Japan: Several feared dead as torrential rains wreak havoc
- Japan: Torrential rains wreak havoc in southwest
- Country to experience torrential rains on large scale
- Warning renewed for torrential rains
- Not-so-super Saturday! Torrential rain and gale-force winds will batter Britain this weekend as crowds flock to newly-reopened pubs – before UK basks in 75F sunshine next week
- Northern region prepares for natural disasters
- Vietnam's northern region prepares for natural disasters
- UK weather tomorrow – Brits to bask in 21C sunshine before three days of torrential rain and gales
- Torrential rain pummels southwest, central Japan, widespread evacuation orders issued
- UK weather tomorrow – Brits to be lashed with four days of torrential rain in week-long washout
- Northern, Central regions to face several days of drought, hail
- Northern, central regions continue facing blazing hot weather
- Japan flooding death toll rises to 53, a dozen missing as torrential rains spread through region
- Torrential rains Monday in metro Baton Rouge: Some homes flood; many cars stall
- Northern region continues to experience ten days of heatwave
- Heat waves cause misery to farmers in central Vietnam
- Torrential rainfall: Lagos govt warns residents to expect more
- Heavy rain causes floods, mudslides in Japan, many dead, missing
Central region preparing for upcoming torrential rain have 384 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at November 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.