Popular "cheo" clubs in Bac Giang can be found in Yen Dung, Viet Yen, and Tan Yen districts.
Most of these were established by local people.
The "cheo" club in Yen Dung, for instance, has been established for 18 years and has staged 16 performances, entertaining audiences in and outside of the province.
"Cheo" is a form of Vietnam ese traditional stage art that developed strongly in the country's north, especially in the Red River Delta.
It originated in the 10th century from folk music and dance and is popular in the northern region.
Like many localities in the northern delta, "cheo" singing in Bac Giang is associated with cultural activities and folk art, which are passionately followed by a large number of farmers, especially during festivals.
Bac Giang has more than 500 traditional festivals, which help develop the art of "cheo".
The province has been able to preserve hundreds of "cheo" melodies imbued with the spiritual life of the local countryside.
In order to preserve and promote the value of the traditional art, many "cheo" clubs and classes have been organised by local "cheo" theatre troupes in recent years.
Nearly 30 clubs have been established, with over 800 members.
From 2022 to 2025, Bac Giang will pilot teaching "cheo" in some schools in Bac Giang city and Yen Dung, Hiep Hoa, and Tan Yen districts. It will also promote "cheo" performances at relic sites and tourist spots and in festivals./.
- Mailbag: The moment that seemed to revive Grigor Dimitrov’s career
- Kelly: O say, did you hear? I tried out to sing the national anthem at the College World Series
- West Brom fans sing incredible chant poking fun at themselves in loss to Manchester City
- Crystal Palace revival under Roy Hodgson continues as they move to brink of safety with Leicester thrashing
- James Johnson Q&A: The Leader Of Miami’s Unexpected Revival
- Fans sing pie-themed chants to Wayne Shaw on bus, and he whips out a pie to celebrate
- Revived in Miami, Miguel Rojas is the latest cautionary tale in judging trades too soon
- Revived with Marlins, former Dodger Miguel Rojas is the latest cautionary tale in judging trades too soon
- RAW Results: Strowman Attacks Potential Tag Partner, Reigns & Lesnar In Incredible Finish
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 1: Carson Wentz lights up the world
- WWE NXT Results: Highlights, Analysis, and Grades for February 8
- Auburn to the East? What the SEC should do about its divisions
- The Waste Management Phoenix Open is golf’s most democratic and obscene event
- Nugent's 47-yarder field goal leads Bengals past Jets 23-22
- Nugent's 47-yard field goal leads Bengals past Jets 23-22
- A.J. Green torches Revis, as Bengals win Week 1 nail-biter
- WWE NXT Review: Results, Analysis, and Grades for October 5
- Tom Brady gives thumbs up to the idea of 'beast' Lamar Jackson landing in New England
- Watch Bobby Roode’s NXT TakeOver: Toronto Entrance with a Choir (Video)
- WWE Week in Review: Inaugural UK Champion crowned, Mickie James returns
Bac Giang reviving “cheo” folk singing have 499 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 28, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.