Defense ministers and leaders of ASEAN members and partners, including Australia, China, India, Japan, the Republic of Korea (RoK), New Zealand, Russia, and the U.S., took part in the meeting.
The Vietnamese high-ranking defense delegation to the event was led by Defense Minister General Phan Van Giang.
Delivering a speech at the meeting, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen stressed that the ADMM-Plus plays an increasingly important role in promoting mutual understanding through exchange on the basis of respect, actual cooperation and capability improvement, especially in the context of unstable and volatile global economic and security situation.
Prime Minister Hun Sen held that the world is at a critical juncture as many complex crises are posing an unprecedented threat to the foundations of peace, stability and progression of many countries around the world. To overcome this, ASEAN is working hard to maintain a culture of dialogue and build trust by providing a safe, open and constructive platform while promoting an open, inclusive and rules-based multilateralism among its members and partners. In this effort, ASEAN has made a strong commitment to maintaining centrality and upholding unity.
According to Prime Minister Hun Sen, there are five needed factors to realize a "harmonious security" in the region, namely enhancing the central role of ASEAN; promoting an open, inclusive and rules-based regional security structure; strengthening people-centered and trust-based security and defense cooperation; accelerating comprehensive security; and boosting cooperative security.
After the speech of Prime Minister Hun Sen, the 9th ADMM-Plus began with an opening speech of Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister General Tea Banh, who is also Chairman of the 9th ADMM-Plus.
General Tea Banh held that the ADMM-Plus is an important event that witnessed the participation of defense ministers of ASEAN members and partners in three years since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. The meeting gave an opportunity for all participating countries to discuss cooperation programs for post-pandemic recovery as well as international and regional peace-related matters.
The Cambodian defense minister also laid stress on the important role of multilateral cooperation mechanisms, adding that the respect to international law, restraint and peaceful measures is the best choice to solve any risks. Since its establishment, the ADMM-Plus has developed to become the major multilateral cooperation mechanism in defense cooperative activities and regional structures, contributing to promoting peace, stability, and prosperity in the region on the principle of the consensus and central role of ASEAN.
As the Chair of ADMM, ADMM-Plus and related meetings in 2022, the Cambodian Ministry of National Defense strongly committed to the principles of peaceful and balanced cooperation, ASEAN centrality, and collective efforts, contributing to addressing all potential challenges in the region, ensuring peace, harmony and comprehensive partnership, as well as promoting peace, security and prosperity in the region, the Cambodian Defense Minister stressed.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Lao NA’s second session opens
- Not a fan of PS Plus November 2020 free games? Try this big PS4 open beta today
- Top legislative experts in Asia share knowledge at 9th ALES
- Audi India opens pre-bookings for Q5 SUV at INR 2 lakh
- Riley's game-winning single in 9th lifts Braves past Dodgers
- Thailand allows vaccinated tourists from 40-plus countries
- Audi India Opens Bookings For Q5 Facelift; Launch Later This Month
- Yes, farmers' markets are still open during the Bay Area's stay-at-home order. Here's what to know
- ADSOM WG convened virtually
- India urged to support ASEAN stance on South China Sea
- Vietnamese children should be taught how to use Internet safely
- Where is Vietnam in the technology industry and global supply chain?
- ASEAN concludes summits with members resolute in emerging stronger from pandemic
- Best laptop for music production 2021: the ultimate workstations for musicians
- Asean News Headlines at 10pm on Friday (Oct 15)
- Asean News Headlines as at 9pm on Tuesday (Oct 26)
- The Best iPad Cases for Holiday 2021: Protect Your Tablet
- Asean News Headlines as at 9pm on Thursday (Oct 28)
- Goosehead Insurance, Inc (GSHD) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Korea to provide another $5M to Asean Response Fund for Covid-19
9th ADMM-Plus opens in Cambodia have 651 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.