According to the ministry’s report, the 35-year-old woman residing in Ho Chi Minh City travelled to Dubai from July to September 22 on a holiday. She showed symptoms including high temperatures, muscle aches, a headache, coughs, and itchy bumps during her stay in Dubai.
Upon arriving at Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Son Nhat Airport, the woman underwent a test and the result came back positive for the monkeypox virus. Later genome sequencing by Oxford University and Ho Chi Minh City Hospital for Tropical Diseases also confirmed the test result.
The woman has been isolated and treated at Ho Chi Minh City Hospital for Tropical Diseases. She is now in stable health.
All people who came in close contact with the patient in Vietnam are being monitored, the ministry said.
The Ministry of Health earlier asked people entering Vietnam from areas with monkeypox outbreaks to be monitored and suspected carriers will be quarantined.
Border gates in the country have been asked to intensify monitoring measures. Suspected monkeypox cases at the border would be diagnosed and their medical and travel history analysed.
People with suspected symptoms including unexplained blisters, fevers above 38 degrees Celsius, headaches and muscle aches, are advised to come to the nearest hospitals to be tested for monkeypox. They would need to either self-isolate or be isolated in hospitals while waiting for the test results.
- Belgian woman tests positive for Coronavirus after flying out of China on same flight that brought quarantined Britons home
- South Korean woman, 42, tests positive for coronavirus after visiting Thailand as deaths from the illness rise by 15% to nearly 500 worldwide
- Chinese tourist tested positive for Coronavirus after Nha Trang tour
- British father, 46, tests positive for coronavirus in Majorca as his wife and children are cleared - bringing total number of infected UK nationals to eight
- 41 more people test positive to coronavirus on docked cruise ship
- Indian national in UAE tests positive for coronavirus
- South Korean woman tests positive for coronavirus after Thailand visit
- Mom's newborn son is taken from her for FOUR DAYS just four hours after she gave birth because she tested positive for opiates after eating a poppy seed BAGEL
- 'Bolt From the Blue': Swedish Wrestler Tested Positive for Steroids Suspects Sabotage
- Asymptomatic person tests positive for new coronavirus in Vietnam
- Chinese baby tests positive for coronavirus 30 hours after birth
- 5 British nationals including a child test positive for coronavirus in France
- Central Vietnam couple test positive for swine flu
- Two Australians among the ten to test positive for coronavirus on a cruise ship quarantined off Japan - with more than 200 exposed on board the infected ship
- Kerala declares coronavirus a ‘state disaster’ as 3 test positive
- California husband, wife test positive for coronavirus, raising U.S. cases to 11
- Baby born to coronavirus patient tests positive for illness, Chinese state media says
- Sister of Malaysian man at Singapore business meeting tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus – Woman who shared evacuation flight from Wuhan with British nationals tests positive for deadly bug
- Olympic marathon gold medal winner Sumgong tests positive for EPO
Woman returning from Dubai tests positive for monkeypox have 523 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.