The sixth plenum of Vietnam's 13th Party Central Committee opened in Hanoi on Monday morning and was chaired by General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
During the plenary meeting, which will last until October 9, delegates will discuss and make decisions on reports and projects relating to the country's socio-economic situation and state budget in 2022, the socio-economic development plan and state budget estimate for 2023, and the state finance-budget plan for the 2023-25 period.
They will look into orientations for the national master plan in 2021-30, with a vision toward 2050, and the promotion of national industrialization and modernization by 2030.
|Vietnamese Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong speaks at the opening of the Party Central Committee's sixth plenum in Hanoi, October 3, 2022. Photo: Vietnam Government Portal|
The delegates are also slated to review the 15-year implementation of the resolution adopted at the fifth plenum of the 10th Party Central Committee on the Party leadership and operations of the political system, while discussing other important issues.
Aside from the positive results, there are still many limitations and weaknesses that need to be addressed in order to meet the requirements of the new development stage, General Secretary Trong said in his opening speech.
The Party chief asked the Party Central Committee and delegates to show a high sense of responsibility and contribute quality ideas to help finalize reports and projects on the country's socio-economic development.
- Party official receives Danish Secretary for Energy, Utilities and Climate
- Party official’s visit tightens relations with Israel
- North Korea's Top Men and Women: Meet Kim Jong Un's Sister and Other Aides at Donald Trump Summit in Vietnam
- Vietnam ready to talk partnership elevation with RoK: top legislator
- Officials highlight progress in Vietnam-EU defence ties
- Vietnam improves capacity in non-communicable disease treatment
- Vietnam, Netherlands share experience in media policies
- Ambassador highlights Vietnam-Japan cooperation prospects
- OANA Executive Board convenes 44th meeting
- Hanoi, Shanghai agree to strengthen cooperation
- Officials of Myanmar’s ruling party visit Vietnam
- IFC, ADB pledge to continue support for Vietnam
- Vietnam treasures relations with UK: Party official
- Vietnam visit by General López Miera fosters friendship between Vietnam and Cuba: Vietnamese Defense Minister
- Foundation asked to further support Vietnam-China friendship
- Vietnam People’s Navy promotes victorious tradition
- Russian experts hail Vietnam’s efforts in fight against corruption
- Party official receives Danish Secretary for Energy, Utilities, and Climate
- Vietnam's private sector positioned for prosperity
- Party’s economic official receives IMF official
Vietnam’s Party Central Committee convenes sixth plenum in Hanoi have 410 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.