Vietnam closely monitors the developments of the Russia-Ukraine conflict and wishes that the parties will resume dialogue and resolve the issue by peaceful means, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
During a regular press briefing in Hanoi on Thursday, Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang was asked about Vietnam's position on the event that Russia annexed four Ukrainian oblasts, namely Donetsk, Lugansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia.
Vietnam closely monitors the developments of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, Hang said.
"Vietnam calls on relevant parties to resume dialogue and resolve issues by peaceful means on the basis of respecting basic principles of international law, especially the principle of respect for countries’ independence, sovereignty, and territorial integrity," the spokesperson continued.
As an active and responsible member of the international community, Vietnam is ready to contribute to promoting dialogue and finding solutions to soon stabilize the situation, for peace and stability in the region and the world, she noted.
Russia announced the annexation of Donetsk, Lugansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia in a ceremony held in Moscow on September 30.
On October 5, Russian President Vladimir Putin passed the laws to officially complete the merger of the four regions.
Ukraine and many countries rejected the results of the referendums on the annexation of the four regions and imposed new sanctions on Russia.
- Why Russia's Ukraine aggression matters to Americans
- 'We don't want a war': Russia rejects Ukraine invasion claims
- What Russia vs Ukraine means for the UK - four ways fallout could impact Britain
- Biden says he'll move troops to Eastern Europe as top general warns of 'horrific' outcome if Russia invades Ukraine
- Why might Russia invade Ukraine and what could happen next?
- Russia vs Ukraine: Three scenarios that could happen next
- Afghanistan has nothing to do with Russia or Ukraine | Opinion
- US puts 8,500 troops on 'heightened alert' to deploy to Europe if Russia invades Ukraine
- If Russia invades Ukraine, an arsenal of US sanctions are on stand-by
- Britain will send troops to defend Europe if Russia invades Ukraine, says Boris Johnson
- US, UK Threaten Sanctions for Moscow Elite if Russia Invades Ukraine
- White House Warnings Over Russia Strain Ukraine-U.S. Partnership
- US and UK ready to punish Putin associates if Russia invades Ukraine
- U.S., UK to punish Putin's elite friends if Russia invades Ukraine
- US promises 'swift, severe, and united response' if Russia invades Ukraine
- U.K. Pursues More Muscular Role in Standoff With Russia Over Ukraine
- US, NATO using military moves to send message to Russia over Ukraine
- US, UK considering sending 'thousands' more troops to Eastern Europe to counter Russia
- Emmanuel Macron to hold talks with Vladimir Putin as he stresses need to de-escalate Ukraine crisis
- Downing Street 'highly confident' Russia creating false pretext for war in Ukraine
Vietnam expresses views on Russia's annexation of four Ukraine oblasts have 458 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.