The inauguration was part of activities in celebration of the 46th anniversary of the countries' diplomatic relations.
Supported by the embassy and the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Vietnam (ThaiCham), the Thai Room, the first dedicated to an ASEAN member state at the academy, is suitable for multipurpose usage, including reception, lecturing, and training for government officials, diplomats and students.
Addressing the ceremony, Pham Lan Dung, Acting President of DAV, said the space was conceived in November 2021 at the proposal of Thai Ambassador to Vietnam Nikorndej Balankura. Since then, the diplomat and the embassy have worked closely and effectively with the academy and the Thai business community to implement the project, she added.
The "Thai Room" is a living testament to the strengthening Strategic Partnership between the two countries, particularly regarding cultural and academic exchanges, Dung noted.
Thai Ambassador Nikorndej Balankura affirmed that the space demonstrates Thailand’s determination in establishing a long-term relationship with Vietnam in terms of education and human resources development, which are the foundation for the countries' socio-economic development.
According to the diplomat, in the near future, the embassy wants to cooperate with DAV in organizing lectures and seminars on aspects of interest to both nations, including issues of sub-regional and regional cooperation mechanisms such as the Ayeyawady-Chao Phraya-Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy (ACMECS), the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).
The embassy also plans to connect the academy to leading educational institutions in Thailand to promote bilateral cooperation in educational and professional exchange. The sides will also work on developing the first “Thai studies” curriculum at DAV.
- Senior Thai legislator hails cooperation with Vietnam’s National Assembly
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 6
- Painting exhibition to celebrate 30th anniversary of Vietnam-Ukraine diplomatic ties
- Painting exhibition celebrates 30th anniversary of Vietnam-Ukraine diplomatic ties
- Singapore, Vietnam to build on nearly 50 years of ties with focus on digital economy: FM
- Vietnam, UAE seek to beef up transport cooperation
- Association helps to promote Vietnam-DPRK relations
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 10
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 15
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 18
- Vietnam ripe for expanding investment from abroad
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 23
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 22
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 11
- Vietnam’s ambassadors promote ‘digital diplomacy’
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 9
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 7
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 13
- Thailand and Vietnam plan evacuation for citizens in Ukraine as Asean calls for dialogue and diplomacy
Thai Room established at Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam have 399 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.