It has fallen by 24.4% since the end of last year to 1,132 points.
In September, it was among the top 10 worst performing indices in the world.
Foreign investors sold more than VND3 trillion ($125.57 million) worth of securities. The sell-off was more severe than brokerages had predicted.
VNDirect had said that the shortened stock settlement cycle and increased credit quota for some banks would improve the market, and the worst-case scenario was a fall to 1,240 points.
RongViet Securities Corporation even forecast a rise to beyond 1,300 points thanks to the U.S.'s determination to fight inflation.
But the market did not share its optimism.
- Julian Robertson's tips to attain extraordinary success in the stock market
- Where & how much should you invest in US stock markets?
- Macro data, new COVID variant updates to drive stock markets this week: Analysts
- Stock market continues to grow, trading around 1,700 - 1,760 points next year
- Nykaa aspires for significant offline presence after a glowing stock market debut
- Sudden growth of stock market worrisome
- S&P 500: The World’s Most Misleading Stock Market Indicator?
- Terrifying Covid variant to destroy stock market - is YOUR pension safe?
- Rocky week expected for stock market due to Covid
- London’s stock market still punches above its weight
- A Reason Behind Bitcoin's Weekend Crash -- and Why It Could Be a Harbinger for the Stock Market
- Stock Market News: RBI Policy, Q2 Earnings, Global Trends to Impact Market This Week
- China's Didi to leave US stock market amid tech crackdown
- Stock market volatility leaves small investors counting their losses
- Stock market rebounds on hopes Omicron may not be as bad as feared
- Stock market has 45 billion-dollar companies
- Daimler Trucks makes stock market debut
- Omicron: How Will the New Variant Affect the Stock Market?
- 3 No-Brainer Stocks to Buy If There's a Stock Market Crash
- 3 Surefire Winning Stocks to Buy If There's a Stock Market Crash
Stock market posts steepest decline in 30 months have 298 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.