Sydney (VNA) – Australian Intellectual Property (IP Australia) has officially issued trademark protection certificates to three trademarks of ST24 and ST24 rice produced by Ho Quang Tri Private Enterprise .
The decision was issued on September 27, 2022.
Speaking to Vietnam News Agency in Sydney, Ngan Tran, an IP expert from Maygust Trademark Attorneys said that the certificate will be valid for 10 years from June 7, 2021.
It can be extended by another 10 years providing criteria are met, she said.
On April 22, 2021, the office received an application from T&L Global Foods Supply PTY LTD regarding the trademark registration of ST24 and ST25 rice as “Rice; Best Rice of The World”.
In May 2021, the Vietnam Trade Office in Australia sent a dispatch to IP Australia objecting to T&L’s trademark registration of ST24 and ST25 rice.
The office was scheduled to announce its response to T&L on September 11, 2022.
Recently on its website, IP Australia changed the status of the case to “Lapsed/Not Protected”, which means it refused the firm’s application.
At the same time, IP Australia announced that three trademarks under Ho Quang Tri Private Enterprise are protected in Australia./.
- Exporting high-quality rice-new path for Vietnam’s rice sector (Cho T3 tuan sau)
- Vietnamese rice will become the world's leading trademark
- The year 2018 in review: rice exports see strong growth in volume and value
- Bản in : Vietnam urged to protect Intellectual Property
- Hau Giang’s soursop gets trademark registration certificate
- Seminar discusses expanding Vietnamese rice exports
- Businesses indifferent to Vietnam’s national rice brand
- Construction of trademark for Vietnam cashew nuts
- Hue beef rice noodle soup and sesame soft candy have been protected intellectual right in the foreign country
- China gives greenlight to dozens of Trump trademarks
- Protection of IPRs under TPP Agreement: Some challenges for Việt Nam
- Building trademarks for Vietnamese agricultural products
- Villages told to trademark their specialties
- Vietnam yet to protect own IP rights, says U.S. experts
- Vietnam, Australia look to harvest CPTPP fruit
- To save Tra Vinh specially dried shrimp trademark
- Australia’s DeepBlue to perform in Hanoi
- Bản in : Approaches to protecting Mekong Delta coastal areas suggested
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 21/10
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 8/11
ST24, ST25 rice trademarks protected in Australia have 364 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.