Tran Van Dang of the host city and Nguyen Thi Oanh from Bac Giang province finished first in the in the men’s elite 8.75km category and women’s elite 5.25km event, respectively.
“As an indoor middle-distance runner I am definitely not title favourite when running on road. I didn’t think I can beat pro road runners, but I do,” Dang told said.
“I set to follow my seniors who is a SEA Games triathlon winner and a SEA Games 10,000m bronze medallist. Even when I was in the lead near the finish line I was still nervous I would be caught and passed. But I made it, I won.”
Dang said the win will help him be more confident before he takes part in the National Sports Games later this year, when he is to defend his title in the 800m event.
Benjamin Bruno Orellano from the Embassy of Argentina won the men’s race for foreigners and Tracy Ramberg from UNIS school championed the women’s class.
They participants ran in the 1.75km (one lap around the lake), 3.5km (two laps), and 5.25km (three laps) categories for both amateur men and women; and women’s 5.25km and men’s 8.75km (five laps) for pros.
Organizers presented awards for the top five runners in each pool and the three best teams.
The Run for Peace was cancelled for two years in 2020 and 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Speaking at the annual event, Chu Xuan Dung, Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee, said the Ha Noi Moi Run for Peace has become an annual popular mass sports activity attracting a large number of people from all walks of life.
“This activity has brought positive impacts to the cultural and spiritual life of Hanoi people. It is one of the most traditional athletic tournaments in Vietnam," he said.
After two years of absence, the number of the participants this year is higher than in previous events. It shows the development in both quality and scale, confirming the strong influence of this meaningful activity, the official added.
- Amazon Web Services to set up local zone in Ha Noi
- IOC to take no action against Ukrainian skeleton racer who called for peace
- EastEnders star Heather Peace announces the death of her 17-year-old dog Bungle - as she describes him as her 'most perfect friend'
- Ukraine Olympic team calls for peace, IOC wants no protests
- Ukraine Peace Talks Begin, Overshadowed by Fighting
- 'Risk of conflict is real': Putin orders Russian forces to 'maintain peace' in Ukraine's two breakaway regions
- ‘Humane: How the United States Abandoned Peace and Reinvented War’ review: From wars to endless battles
- Russia and China join forces in nuclear strategy as U.S. threatens to leave arms deal
- Ho Chi Minh City hospital calls for blood donations as reserve runs low
- Jason Manford reveals his one demand for joining Starstruck judging panel – and the TV show he’d love to bring back
- Vietnam Embassy in Ukraine has functioned as normal: envoy
- Turkey: Erdogan can't run for third term as eager opposition leader eyes up power grab
- Prominent Myanmar filmmaker arrested after a year on the run
- How newspapers across the world covered Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
- Building a bridge of peace and reconciliation
- Emmanuel Macron has made peace in Ukraine less likely
- Abolition newspaper revived for nation grappling with racism
- Ukrainian athlete displays call for peace
- Morning Digest | Putin calls for ‘peaceful’ discussions over Ukraine; Actor-activist Deep Sidhu dies in road accident , and more
- Ukraine Russia LIVE: 'It has begun' Chilling warning as '5 killed' in Russia border strike
Over 1,500 join Ha Noi Moi Newspaper Run for Peace have 587 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.