Rainfall measured at 115 millimeters caused streams to overflow and pour down Ta Ca Commune early Sunday.
Fifteen houses were swept away while others collapsed. A four-month old girl was knocked off her mother’s arm. Only the mother survived.
Over 50 houses in Ta Ca were flooded and damaged in slushy onslaught.
Water started to recede at noon, leaving behind debris covered with rocks and clay.
Several other houses like the one above were filled with mud and wreckage deposited at their front doors.
A landslide of rocks and clay destroyed a road in Ta Ca and blocked rescue operations from reaching the commune.
As the water receded, residents and local officials began cleaning up.
Eight people including the infant have died and more than 17,400 houses flooded in the central province of Nghe An as side-effects of Storm Noru that made landfall on Wednesday.
Floods sweep through Muong Xen Town of Ky Son District. Video by Van Cuong, Nguyen Hai
- 25 killed, 17 missing as flash floods ravage Andhra Pradesh
- Coastal erosion eats away fishing village in central Vietnam
- Essentials air-dropped in Chittoor’s flood-ravaged villages, abutting Rayalacheruvu
- Downpours to linger in central Vietnam through November
- Forest in central Vietnam sustainable thanks to communal efforts
- Heavy rains to ravage central Vietnam until the weekend
- Torrential rains, flooding prevent 61,000 students from going to school in south-central Vietnam
- Record rainfall deluges central Vietnam province
- Hundreds clean up village enduring two landslides in south-central Vietnam
- Jagan conducts aerial survey of flood-hit districts
- Two die after COVID-19 vaccination in north-central Vietnam
- Three teen boys drown in water pit in north-central Vietnam
- Two workers die after Covid vaccination in central Vietnam
- Vietnamese expats in Italy help repair schools in disaster-hit central areas
- AP-Transco begins to assess flood damage
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 20
- India battles floods amid spike in extreme weather events
- Hanoians on life in a flood-prone village
- Heavy rains in Central Coast provinces still develop complicatedly
- Looking back at the 2016 Central West NSW floods
Midnight flood ravages district in central Vietnam have 379 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.