The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) has opened two separate showrooms in Hanoi for Japanese health, cosmetic and food products.
The opening of two Japanese product sample showrooms in Hanoi is aimed at facilitating cooperation between companies from Vietnam and Japan.
|JETRO’s showroom on Japanese cosmetics and healthcare products. Source: JETRO Hanoi|
The first showroom, displaying 53 Japanese cosmetics and healthcare products is underway from September 28 to November 28, with the participation of 28 Japanese companies.
According to JETRO Hanoi, this reflects the increase in imports of cosmetic products from Japan into Vietnam over the years, as turnover in 2021 increased 7-fold compared to 2012, while demand for imported nutrition products also tripled during the period.
"The Covid-19 pandemic has further raised local consumers' awareness for health protection," it added.
JETRO noted that Japanese sellers in the showroom have all been nominated by the agency following a rigorous review process regarding their credibility and product quality.
JETRO Hanoi has also launched another showroom for product samples of farming and food products from August 22-October 5, which has become an annual event organized by the agency.
|The showroom on Japanese food.|
With 225 products on display from 100 Japanese companies, this is seen as the largest showroom to date by JETRO Hanoi.
"Local buyers being interested in these products are able to initiate online negotiation with their Japanese peers," stated the agency.
Vietnamese imports of processed food from Japan have quadrupled from $1.2 billion in 2000 to $4.8 billion in 2020, placing Vietnam among the top five markets for Japan’s food products, along with Hong Kong (China), China, the United States, Taiwan (China) and South Korea.
Meanwhile, Japan imported $237 million worth of food products from Vietnam in 2020, a 68-fold increase from just $3.5 million in 2000, mainly milk powder, processed foods, and beverages.
- Take Trends Into Account to Jump Start Your Digital Product Creation
- Japanese electronics giant Hitachi opens sales-services unit in Laos
- Hanoi Gift Show 2019 features 650 pavilions
- Exhibition on mechanical engineering industry opens in Hanoi
- More Japanese firms target production shift to Vietnam amid trade war escalation
- Hanoi Gift Show 2019 gets underway
- Viet Nam Business Forum 2019 opens in HN
- How to Learn Japanese From Home
- Japanese Knotweed Resveratrol
- Vietnam, China cooperate in tea, coffee production
- Vietnam Business Summit 2019 opens in Hanoi
- Jaquar Group eyes the world stage, inaugurates its 10th international showroom in London
- Where to Find Sales Representatives For Your Gift Products
- Jaquar aims $1 bn turnover by 2022, to open 15 stores globally
- Guangdong - Vietnam Import and Export Fair opens in Hanoi
- Japanese Candle Charting Opens Doors of Understanding
- China Focus: Chinese, Japanese filmmakers deepen exchanges at Pingyao Int'l Film Festival
- Trung Nguyen to open 3,000 E-Coffee shops by 2020
- Wholesale Products - Find Out the Top 10 Hot-Selling Items Online!
- The Keys to Your Success in Japan Are Already in Your Heart
JETRO opens showrooms of Japanese products in Hanoi have 446 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.