Jakarta (VNA) – Indonesia and Australia have agreed to strengthen cooperation in eradicating illegal fishing near the sea borders between the two countries, Indonesian news agency Antara reported.
The cooperation is part of effort to prevent marine and fishery resources from the threat of illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing particularly in the border area between Timor Sea and Arafura Sea.
Indonesia and Australia are committed to creating a maritime territory which is safe and free from IUU, Director General of Maine and Fishery Resources Surveillance at the Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Ministry Rear Admiral Adin Nurawaluddin said in a press statement released on October 2.
The agreement is the realisation of long-term resolution the two countries agreed upon at the 22nd Indonesia -Australia Fisheries Surveillance Forum (IASFS) in Darwin, Australia.
Indonesia and Australia have formed three working groups to realise the joint action in supporting the effort to combat illegal fishing.
The three working groups are respectively engaged in public information campaign, surveillance and law enforcement, and alternative livelihood./.
- Vietnam, Australia discuss cooperation in epidemic fight
- Timor-Leste drops espionage claims against Australia in maritime border dispute
- PM exhorts united ASEAN stand in Covid-19 fight
- New palm oil council would drop "no deforestation" pledge - Indonesia
- The Covid-19 exit strategy: when will Australia know the coronavirus battle is over?
- Vietnam, Australia work together in fight against COVID-19
- One coronavirus number will let us know if Australia’s outbreak is getting worse
- Vietnamese, Australian PMs discuss cooperation amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Australia's daily coronavirus infections fall under 100 for the first time in three weeks in an 'exceptionally important development' in fight against the bug
- How Australia's devastating bushfire crisis may have played a role in slowing the spread of coronavirus Down Under
- Easter is 'the most important weekend' in Australia's coronavirus fight as police warn of fines
- Two more people die of coronavirus in Australia - bringing the national death toll to 61
- EU's 9 most controversial Brexit trade deal demands - and why they'll start a fight
- Vietnam presents masks to European countries, COVID-19 test kits to Indonesia
- Cape York community's fight to save Iron Range rainforest devastated by Cyclone Trevor
- Celebrity lawyer vows to fight unjust coronavirus fines and tells Australians to be 'alive to police misusing their power' - as she explains how to fight an unfair penalty
- Vietnam, Australia strengthen cooperation in tackling COVID-19 challenge
- UN adopts resolution urging global cooperation on COVID-19
- Countryboat fishermen in Rameswaram resume fishing
- Nizamuddin residents fight ‘virus hotspot’ tag
Indonesia, Australia cooperate in fighting IUU fishing have 423 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.