With 1,105 reviews commenting on its colors, Hoi An ranked third on the list after Nyhavn in Denmark with 2,755 reviews and Chihuly Garden and Glass in the U.S. with 1287 reviews, according to data collected last July by the London-based tour opeprator.
It used Tripadvisor’s search function by keywords and location on the “Things to do” tab and then searched the word “colorful” in every country of the world.
“The small town is renowned for its mix of Japanese, Chinese and French influences and streets lit with lanterns of all shapes, sizes and, more importantly, colors,” it noted.
“In the evenings the lights from the yellow painted buildings and orange sun reflect off the water in a captivating way.”
Colorful floating lanterns are also a distinct feature of Hoi An, which hosts the lantern festival on the 14th day of each lunar month, when all electric lights of the town are switched off.
The other colorful places on the list were: Park Guell in Spain, Bo-kaap in South Africa, Jardin Majorelle in Morocco, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood in Russia, Park and National Palace of Pena in Portugal, Dubai Miracle Garden in the United Arab Emirates, La Boca in Argentina, and Busan Gamcheon Culture Village in South Korea.
- Celebrity beyond: Inside one of the ‘Worlds Greatest Places’ a cruise ship like no other
- Heading To France? These Places Make It the Most Visited Country In The World
- Jill Biden, Justin Trudeau visit Ukraine; dozens feared dead in school bombing in eastern battle zone
- Pelosi, other Democrats visit Kyiv as Ukraine’s east comes under heavy new fire
- Jeez that's big: new Christ statue is one of tallest in world
- US First Lady Jill Biden meets Ukrainian counterpart in secret Mother's Day visit
- Prince Edward’s Caribbean tour ‘may be one of the region’s last royal visits’, author claims after protests
- Putin’s ‘middle finger’ to UN as Kyiv is bombed during visit from Secretary General
- Ukraine LIVE: Putin confirms 'high-precision' strike in Kyiv as UN chief visits capital
- Russian lawmaker says he wished Kyiv was bombarded during Blinken visit
- Brit, 22, who heads to war zones across world trapped in Pakistan after money runs out
- Russia-Ukraine war: Blasts hit Kyiv as UN chief visits, US pledges new aid to Ukraine
- Russia-Ukraine war: Mass graves with 900 bodies found at different places in Kyiv Oblast, says Zelensky
- US and Russia in battle for underwater dominance as world's most deadly subs revealed
- Watch: Bambi and family visit Canadian resort town
- Horrors of 'world's most inbred family' found living in squalor and beset by deformities
- 'World's first floating city' could home 100,000 people and be built by 2023
- Russia will not host World University Games
- Vacationers interested in visiting indoor tourist attractions on long holidays
- Korea beats Japan for the Asia-Oceania World Junior Tennis title
Hoi An among world's most colorful places to visit have 453 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.