“The landscapes of Vietnam are beautiful, and Vietnamese people are extremely friendly,” he exclaimed.
During its three-day stay in HCMC, the delegation will visit some famous destinations in the city center, such as Reunification Hall, Notre Dame Cathedral, and HCMC Post Office, and enjoy night food on the Saigon River.
Mr. Le Truong Hien Hoa, Deputy Director of the HCMC Department of Tourism, said that that was the first cruise tourist group to come to HCMC after the tourism industry officially opened to international visitors after the Covid-19 pandemic in March this year. Travel agencies had prepared for a long time to welcome that group of tourists. HCMC’s tourism industry is expected to receive a few large cruise ships with 200-300 guests to visit the city from now until the end of the year.
"The return of cruise tourists is a good sign. The HCMC tourism industry also identifies cruise tourists as an important and potential source of visitors. With different customer segments, the tourism industry has prepared a series of suitable products to serve visitors with the goal to ensure the safety and satisfaction of tourists when coming to HCMC," Mr. Le Truong Hien Hoa said.
Le Lapérouse cruise ship is 132m long, 18m wide, and 28m high. It was put into use in 2018 to serve in the high-end segment with only a maximum of 184 guests per voyage.
By Thi Hong – Translated by Gia Bao
- Call to ban cruise ships from Tasmanian national park areas as industry continues to grow
- Is the cruise ship business at a turning point?
- Massive Cruise Ship Hits Tourist Ferry, Skims Dock in Venice Canal
- 1st cruise ship arrives in Tunisia since 2015
- US bans cruise ships from Cuba in warning over support for Venezuela regime
- Hamburg Cruise Days festival: Is it really necessary?
- India’s first full-fledged global cruise terminal in Kochi
- Darwin’s incredible islands: A cruise adventure to the Galapagos – the inspiration for our understanding of evolution, and home to giant tortoises and some friendly sea lions
- British man, 19, 'suffering relationship problems' is found hanged on tourist boat in Vietnam after arguing with two friends
- Bizarre tour at top of Australia’s ‘must-do’ list for tourists
- Skip the Obvious: Alternatives to Europe's Most Over-Touristed Cities
- Tycoon who died going overboard on Royal Caribbean cruise was celebrating his wife’s birthday with their kids
- Making a splash: Stars and spas on a Dream Caribbean cruise to Barbados and Dominica
- Peru's brutal murders renew focus on tourist boom for hallucinogenic brew
- Italy declares state of emergency following 'apocalyptic' Venice floods as PM declares the city's devastation 'a blow to the heart of our country'
- The death and life of the great British pub
- Hasbro Bans Plastic,
- Venice was suffering over-tourism, an aging population and sinking foundations. Then the floods came
- Busan mayor touts city in Beijing
- Art Biennale: Political art for your smartphone
HCMC welcomes first group of cruise ship tourists after Covid-19 pandemic have 606 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.