A yangsheng (life-nourishing) gymnastics and yoga performance of over 3,000 people on a street in downtown Ho Chi Minh City has set a Vietnamese record as it attracted the largest-ever number of elderly participants.
The record-setting event took place on Sunday morning on Le Loi Boulevard in District 1.
It was jointly organized by the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Culture and Sports, the Ho Chi Minh City Association of the Elderly, and the Ho Chi Minh City Federation of Yangsheng Gymnastics and Yoga.
The event was launched to mark the International Day of Older Persons (October 1) and respond to the prime minister's decision to set October of every year as the 'Month of Action for Elderly Vietnamese People.'
The mass performance of five yangsheng gymnastics and yoga repertoires was carried out by 3,333 elderly people following a music show by clubs of life-nourishing gymnastics across the city, according to Nguoi Lao Dong (Laborer) newspaper.
With such a number of participants, the event has been recognized by the Vietnam Records Organization (Vietkings) as setting a record in the category of 'the performance of life-nourishing and yoga exercises with the highest number of elderly participants in Vietnam.'
A Vietkings representative presented the record certificate to the aforementioned federation.
"We have practiced our repertoire carefully so that we can perform it in the best way," Tuyet Trinh, a female member of the District 11 Yangsheng Gymnastics Club, told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper.
|A performance of the Vietnam Traditional Martial Arts Club, as part of the yangsheng gymnastics and yoga performance program, in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, October 1, 2022. Photo: T.T.D. / Tuoi Tre|
|This image shows a yangsheng gymnastics performance by elderly people wearing the clothing of an ethnic minority in Vietnam. Photo: T.T.D. / Tuoi Tre|
|An umbrella dance performance by senior citizens. Photo: T.T.D. / Tuoi Tre|
|The yangsheng gymnastics and yoga performance that was conducted on Le Loi Boulevard in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, October 1, 2022. Photo: T.T.D. / Tuoi Tre|
|This image shows the record certificate presentation ceremony for the yangsheng gymnastics and yoga performance with the largest number of elderly participants in Vietnam. Photo: T.T.D. / Tuoi Tre|
- Ho Chi Minh City extends COVID-19 school break through February
- Over 2,500 under home quarantine in Ho Chi Minh City as COVID-19 precaution
- Ho Chi Minh City luxury residential market shows bright prospects for 2020
- Ho Chi Minh City 'ao dai' fest commences with colorful opening stage
- Ho Chi Minh City’s makeshift hospital for novel coronavirus treatment to open next week
- Ho Chi Minh City gives students another week off in wake of new coronavirus
- Ho Chi Minh City building 500-bed makeshift hospital for novel coronavirus treatment
- Cured novel coronavirus patient discharged from Ho Chi Minh City hospital
- Indian Republic Day celebrated in Ho Chi Minh City
- Over 36 metric tons of face masks exported via Ho Chi Minh City airport: customs
- Ho Chi Minh Museum receives donated objects from Mong King family
- Young people in HCMC enthusiastically perform military services
- Smart health, education operation centers link with city’s manpower development
- HCM City plans field hospitals to cope with novel coronavirus
- Vietnamese representatives in AFC Cup change plans due to nCoV situation
- HCM City launches week marking Party’s founding anniversary
- HCM City expects stock market to become ‘barometer’ of economy
- Vietnam's M&As to hit a record high of $6bln in 2016
- President Hồ Chí Minh’s ideology sets direction of the Party
- Tourists to HCM City sees 12 percent drop amid novel coronavirus fears
Gymnastic performance of over 3,000 elderly people in Ho Chi Minh City sets Vietnamese record have 594 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.