The French luxury cruise ship Le Lapérouse transported 88 foreign tourists to Ho Chi Minh City on Sunday, making it the first international cruise line to arrive in Vietnam after a two-year suspension induced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ship is docking at the Saigon Port in District 4.
The port management board and the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Tourism on Sunday also held a ceremony to welcome the travelers on board.
Nguyen Le Chon Tam, general director of Saigon Port JSC, said the Le Lapérouse cruise ship came back to Vietnam at the beginning of the peak travel season and after two years of hibernation due to the pandemic.
|Vietnamese women welcome Le Lapérouse at the Saigon Port on October 2, 2022. Photo : T.T.D. / Tuoi Tre|
This is the first international cruise ship to carry foreign travelers to the Southeast Asian country since March 2020.
Over the past few months, the port has taken the initiative in coordinating with travel companies and agents to welcome the cruise ship in a safe manner and in line with medical regulations, Tam said.
"The welcome of this cruise ship proves that Vietnam is a safe destination which is willing to open its door to tourists and join forces with other sectors to help the economy recover," he added.
According to Le Truong Hien Hoa, deputy director of the municipal Department of Tourism, to welcome cruise lines, the city's tourism sector has prepared catering, entertainment, and shopping services.
"In addition, the department joined hands with travel agents, shipping firms, and ports to ensure that tourists can use the best services during their stay in the city, including exploring the nighttime economy," Hoa noted.
Le Lapérouse arrived from the Ben Dam Port in Ho Chi Minh City's neighbor Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, allowing passengers to visit tourist destinations in Con Dao District.
|Travelers onboard come from many countries worldwide, including the U.S., France, Germany, and Canada. After completing immigration procedures, they have entered the city to explore tourist products there. Photo : Huu Hanh / Tuoi Tre|
The cruise ship departed from Indonesia on September 20 and passed through Singapore before reaching Vietnam.
Travelers onboard the Le Lapérouse come from countries worldwide, including the U.S., France, Germany, Canada, Brazil, Belgium, Switzerland, Australia, and New Zealand.
The cruise ship will dock at the Saigon Port until October 5, when it leaves the city for Nha Trang Port in Khanh Hoa Province, Quy Nhon Port in Binh Dinh Province, Tien Sa Port in Da Nang City, Chan May Port in Thua Thien-Hue Province, Hon La Port in Quang Binh Province, and Ha Long Port in Quang Ninh Province.
During their stay in Ho Chi Minh City, passengers will take part in a city tour, go shopping, and experience catering and entertainment services.
|Captain Ludovic Provost (C) poses for a photo with representatives of local agencies in charge of welcoming the cruise ship. Photo : Huu Hanh / Tuoi Tre|
|Representatives of local agencies visit the cruise ship. Photo : T.T.D. / Tuoi Tre|
- New cruise ship to feature the first racetrack at sea
- Rocky Bleier recalls Vietnam War, 40 years after it ended
- One & Done: Roy Gleason only MLB player wounded in Vietnam War
- Neymar bags brace as Barca cruise past into Champions League semis
- Cavs ship pair of veterans to Portland with eye to future
- Top-seeded Nadal cruises to French Open quarterfinals
- The Latest: British warship to help French aircraft carrier
- The Latest: French lawmakers pay tribute to police forces
- The Latest: Gael Monfils into French 4th round the hard way
- New French powers upset the balance
- Nadal, Wawrinka cruise into third round at Monte Carlo Masters
- Sharapova cruises, Nadal works way into Madrid Open finals
- American Pharoah’s Triple Crown is AP sports story of year
- Nadal cruises to Swiss Indoors quarters; Federer advances
- Italian Open: Nadal beaten by Wawrinka for 5th loss on clay this year
- Caray: Thoughts on Heyward in leadoff role again, Avilan’s return; more
- CFB AM: Les Miles gave LSU fans the best pre-spring practice gift
- Roundtable: Which NBA player should challenge Kanye West for presidency in 2020?
- Former manager, All-Star Fregosi suffers stroke
- Stakes are prime at the Dubai World Cup
French luxury cruise ship returns to Vietnam after two years have 708 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.