Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Vietnam's leading ICT company FPT Software has launched a new subsidiary, FPT Semiconductor, marking a key milestone for the company as it enters the booming semiconductor industry.
Through the new subsidiary, FPT Software aims to gain a slice of Asia Pacific's semiconductor market which accounts for 60% of global sales.
FPT Semiconductor released its first integrated circuits (ICs), designed in Vietnam and manufactured in the Republic of Korea, in August 2022. These ICs will be used in Internet of Things (IoT) medical devices.
By 2023, FPT Semiconductor plans to supply 25 million chips globally in seven types to meet diverse needs in telecommunications, IoT, automotive technology, energy, electronics, and others.
According to a Technavio report, Vietnam’s semiconductor industry is estimated to exceed 6.16 billion USD by 2024. FPT Semiconductor aims to become a supplier of Vietnamese brand chips for domestic companies and corporations.
The enterprise’s first customer and current strategic partner coordinate the distribution of FPT Semiconductor ‘s chip products in the markets of Australia, Taiwan, and mainland China.
FPT Semiconductor intends to deploy and supply “Make in Vietnam” chips to domestic corporations to develop sustainably and complete the supply chain of manufacturing equipment for users in Vietnam between 2023 and 2025.
Semiconductors are a vital component for many industries, from consumer electronics to aerospace and have been in high demand since the pandemic. Further advancements in semiconductor technology will be essential to facilitate a new wave of transformative technologies, including Artificial Intelligence (AI), 5G, autonomous electric vehicles and IoT solutions 3.
According to Gartner, the global semiconductor IC industry will generate nearly 600 billion USD in revenue by 2021. The number of organisations and enterprises in the semiconductor chip industry in Vietnam is primarily concentrated in technical universities or foreign enterprises investing in manufacturing plants.
FPT Software continues to improve the ecosystem of services and products and comprehensive digital transformation technology solutions, marking a significant milestone in the development journey of Southeast Asia’s leading technology company. Enterprises assist partners in consulting, deploying, and “tailoring” technology solutions to customer needs, as well as maintaining, upgrading, and supplying semiconductor components./.
- SCIC finds 46 million FPT shares unmarketable
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 9
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 11
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 6
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 8
- Pesticide producers’ profits plummet as Covid-19 hits farming
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 3
- Govt unveils policies to bolster chip industry
- Huawei says it’s running out of chips for its smartphones because of US sanctions
- Computer chip maker Nvidia calls on PC gamers to lend their graphical processing power to help fight the COVID-19 outbreak
- Vietnamese people in Malaysia support one another during pandemic
- Shares erase early gains due to profit-taking pressure
- E-government growth to closely connect with smart city, digital transformation
- First phase of national high school exam successfully wraps up
- Samsung R&D centre hitting stride
- Rạng Đông tops market with highest earnings per share
- VN stock rally keeps up, growth slows on profit taking
- VN shares advance on hopes for virus block
- Textile and electronics hardest hit in pandemic: official
- Shares struggles to advance amid international tensions
FPT Software produces made in Vietnam chips have 515 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.