Mr. Vo Van Hung, Chairman of the People’s Committee of Quang Tri Province, informed about the difficult situation of the Quang Tri 1 BOT Thermal Power Plant project invested by Thailand's EGAT International Co., Ltd. This project has caused Quang Tri Province to be in a passive situation and face difficulties and pressure in local socio-economic development.
After considering the recommendations of the People’s Committee of Quang Tri Province, assessing adverse factors and objective obstacles in the financial arrangement of the project and equity after nearly 11 years of preparing and fully implementing the COP26 commitments to achieve net emission reduction to zero by 2050 of the Governments of Vietnam and Thailand, the Ministry of Energy of Thailand confirmed to stop the implementation of this project and will soon have an official document sent to the Ministry of Industry and Trade and Quang Tri Province.
The Quang Tri 1 BOT Thermal Power Plant project in the Southeast Quang Tri Economic Zone was approved by the Prime Minister to assign EGAT International Co., Ltd., as an investor under the model of built-operate-transfer in August 2013.
At the end of 2019, EGAT International Company held a groundbreaking ceremony for Quang Tri 1 BOT Thermal Power Plant. The project has a total capacity of 1,320MW (raw capacity), including two units with a capacity of 660MW each. Quang Tri 1 BOT Thermal Power Plant Project, when put into operation with the above capacity, will generate power 6,000 hours per year, generating an electricity output of VND7.2 trillion Kwh per year and pre-tax revenue of about VND12.5 trillion per year. Annually, it is expected to pay VND1.25 trillion per year into the provincial budget. The project has a total investment capital of VND55.09 trillion.
By Nguyen Hoang – Translated by Gia Bao
- Quang Binh thermal power plant hindered by local residents
- Quảng Bình thermal power plant hindered by local residents
- Solar thermal power the way forward for is Australia despite hiccups, nuclear engineer says
- Solar thermal power the way forward for Australia despite hiccups, nuclear expert says
- Soc Trang Province starts construction of 65 MW wind power plant
- Citibank and INGbank to provide credit to Nhon Trach power projects
- Citibank and INGbank to provide credit to Nhơn Trạch power projects
- 300 MW private power project mooted at Suryapet
- Ex-PetroVietnam chairman to be prosecuted for violations at ethanol plant
- Without power privatisation, Nigeria will be in darkness —Bello
- Govt plans Rs11,000 crore power transmission project in Ladakh
- NNPC’s gas to power support for grid stability
- Ecologists hail freezing of funds for new Polish coal plant
- China power demand drops as coronavirus shutters plants
- Central province approves key projects
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 23
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 24
- 2 State-owned banks allowed to increase charter capital
- Bezos’ Earth Fund Should Invest in These Green Technologies
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 22
Construction of VND55-trillion-thermal-power-plant in Quang Tri canceled have 542 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at October 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.