The handover was carried out under the decision of the provincial People's Committee.
The eight foreign fishermen include Soe San Naing (1991), Shwe Soe (1993), Wai Yan (1998), Thein Tun Htay (1998), Myo Nyi Nyi (1997), Poe La Pyae (1994), Ko Soe (1993), and Al Soe (1987). All of them are Myanmar citizens.
Earlier on August 26, the Border Post of Ba Ria – Vung Tay Port Border Gate was reported that while en route from China to Indonesia, Panama's Vessel TRUMP SW spotted eight drifting people at sea. Immediately, the vessel's crew-members rescued and gave first aid to them before reporting the case to its agent, Indochina Shipping and Forwarding Ltd. Company. The ship then approached Vung Tau port and handed over the distressed to the Ba Ria – Vung Tau provincial Border Guard Command.
On August 29, the Border Post of Ba Ria – Vung Tau Port Border Gate provided health check-up to the distressed, completed all procedures to receive the foreigners, and accommodated them. At present, eight fishermen's health is stable.
At the handover ceremony, Myanmar Embassy's representative deeply thanked Ba Ria – Vung Tau's authorities and Border Guard Command for giving good care for and accommodating the distressed Myanmar fishermen.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau focuses on making its IPs competitive
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau seeks to improve logistics competitiveness
- Farmers in Ba Ria-Vung Tau earn high profits thanks to high-tech shrimp breeding
- Ba Ria – Vung Tau to develop modern seaports, logistics services
- Towering statue of Jesus Christ in Vung Tau
- Vung Tau to host first int’l seaports festival
- High-tech shrimp breeding yields high profits for Vietnamese farmers
- Farmers in "occupation groups" improve incomes
- Another Russian expert tests Covid-19 positive
- Seafarer infected with COVID-19, Vietnam has 333 cases
- Vietnam logs 8 imported coronavirus cases, all from Russia
- One more COVID-19 infection from Russia brings national tally to 382
- Images of peaceful Con Dao island taken by foreign photographers
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 13
- Con Dao Airport extension project to cost $99mil.
- Practice-based training needed to create high-quality tourism staff
- Practice-based training needed to produce high-quality tourism staff for Vietnam
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 9
- Con Dao Airport extension project to cost VND2.3trn
- Con Dao airport upgrade project requires VND2.3 trillion
Ba Ria - Vung Tau hands over rescued fishermen to Myanmar have 357 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.