The event, part of activities to celebrate the 45th founding anniversary of ASEAN-EU ties, was hosted by the Embassy of Thailand in association with the ASEAN Brussels Committee.
The three-session workshop focused on the fields of green development, connectivity, and trade and sustainable supply chain.
Participants agreed on the significance of the ASEAN-EU strategic partnership, especially amid uncertainties in the regions and the world, along with emerging risks of supply chain disruption, food and energy security.
EU delegates said the union will give priority to green and sustainable development, ensuring safety of supply chain and adaptation to fluctuations in the time to come, with ASEAN in general and its member countries being important partners of the EU.
It is to expand cooperation with ASEAN in green transition, renewable energy, climate change adaptation, infrastructure connectivity and digital transformation, among others.
Chairing the discussion on sustainable trade development and building adaptive supply chains, Vietnamese Ambassador to Belgium and Head of the Vietnam's Delegation to the EU Nguyen Van Thao highly valued the effective cooperation between ASEAN and the EU and positive results obtained in the recent time.
Despite the adverse impact of COVID-19, two-way trade neared 269 billion USD last year, posting a year-on-year increase of 18.6%. Direct investment in ASEAN countries by EU members surged by 43% and both regional groupings are each other's third leading trade partners.
Echoing Thao's assessments, delegates believed that ASEAN and the EU must efficiently implement signed agreements towards the building of new cooperation frameworks.
At the same time, they need to seek opportunities in fields the EU boasts strengths in and ASEAN has strong demand for.
The upcoming EU-ASEAN Commemorative Summit is hoped to be an important milestone in bringing bilateral cooperation to a new height./.
- New York Today: Free and Cheap Events, 10/9/2011
- Obama's ASEAN summit ends with business, security pact
- RPT: EU Calls on Russia to Pull Back Troops
- A tiger tale: Inside Phoenix Zoo's new wide-open, locked-down exhibit
- Plainfield families learn together in new school program
- Tree worker freed from bucket lift in Haddonfield
- After thrashing Riley Cooper, Stephen A. Smith & ESPN avoid Hugh Douglas affair
- New flirting guide 'Smitten's' advice put to the test: Learn what wins over men and what you should avoid
- Authors Ariel Kiley and Simone Kornfeld boost flirting with some quirky new twists
- Palm Springs, Agua Caliente to cooperate
- Excitement builds as Cooper House prepares to open doors
- Cabela's lifts hopes in Noblesville after Greenwood letdown
- 2015 GMC Yukon gets a head-start on the new year with better fuel economy, smoother ride
- Mayor de Blasio's heavy housing lift
- STILE: Christie cast in new role on his old turf
- See renderings for new Louisville City FC stadium in Butchertown
- Jeremy Lin: The true Hollywood story of the Knick sensation who's taken over New York in less than a week
- New York's fracking ban starts the clock for lawsuits
- Ex-federal agent Jeff Novitzky opens up about Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds cases on new podcast
- System Update: Guitar video games are set to hit new high note
ASEAN, EU discuss lifting cooperation to new height have 546 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 1, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.