Of the amount, 348 million USD was poured into 567 new projects, down 7.6 percent in value compared to the same period last year.
|Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)|
Singapore was the biggest investor in the southern hub with 97 new projects totaling 121.8 million USD, accounting for 35 percent of the total newly-registered capital. It was followed by Japan and the Republic of Korea with 60 and 81 projects worth 60.2 million USD and 47.1 million USD, respectively.
Meanwhile, nearly 1.49 billion USD was added to 114 existing projects, 2.5 times higher than the same period last year.
Besides, there were 1,797 approved transactions of capital contribution and share purchases by foreign investors in the period with a total value reaching nearly 1.13 billion USD, down 16.2 percent year-on-year.
The number of valid FDI projects in the city at present is 11,007 with total registered capital of 55.45 billion USD.
- Ethiopia's Astounding Achievement in Attracting FDI
- Ethiopia: Bringing Sustainable Economy Via Promoting FDI
- Gambling will be the death of Atlantic City
- India Inc's FDI dips 63 per cent to USD 1.17 billion in May
- Zimbabwe: FDI
- Biggest ever FDI project in Sri Lanka: Treasury gets final tranche of US$ 584mn
- Chinese company SenseTime raises USD 600 mln from investors
- Items worth up to USD 273 mn seized from ex-Malaysian PM in raids
- Nigeria Loses N2.7 Billion Daily to Trans Ramos Pipeline Shut-in
- ‘My plan is to triple Imo IGR from N600m to N2bn per month within 2 years’
- Conflict of Interest, Money Laundering Fears Dog Weah’s Billion Dollar Scheme
- Liberia: Conflict of Interest, Money Laundering Fears Dogging Weah’s Billion Dollar Scheme
- Ikea set to launch in Hyderabad next month, but keeps meatballs off the menu
- African Cities Must Address Social and Economic Issues When Upgrading Slums
- The 25 best European city breaks for summer 2018 and where to stay
- South Africa: Tourism Closes Youth Month Activities With Graduation Ceremony
- Cities cut government contracts for immigrant detention as protests grow
- When Start up and Make in India got a boost in four years of Modi govt
- Positive outlook for stock market despite downward trend in May
- Ethiopia: Industrial Parks for Industrial Transformation
2.97 billion USD in FDI poured into HCM City in 9 months have 325 words, post on vir.com.vn at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.