Hang made the statement in reply to reporters' queries on Vietnam’s reaction to some international human rights organizations' controversial opinions about Vietnam’s candidacy for the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) as they believe that the country’s achievements in this field are poor and lack cooperation with the UNHRC.
"We completely reject the untruthful, unobjective contents with bad prejudices that some foreign organizations have raised about the situation in Vietnam," she stressed.
Vietnam's consistent policy of protecting and promoting human rights has been specified in the 2013 Constitution and many other legal documents, the spokesperson stated, adding that the country’s efforts and achievements in the work have been recognized and appreciated by the international community.
Most recently, in March 2022, Vietnam published a voluntary midterm report on the implementation of Universal Periodic Review (UPR) third cycle recommendations, which demonstrates the responsibility of a member state, as well as the transparency and seriousness of Vietnam towards the UPR mechanism in particular and in the implementation of international commitments on human rights in general.
"Vietnam also actively shows the spirit of cooperation with the special procedures of the U.N. Human Rights Council, and regularly maintains a bilateral human rights dialogue mechanism with several countries, and is willing to provide and exchange issues of mutual concern in the spirit of frankness, openness and mutual respect," she added.
- Vietnam attends Responsible Business and Human Rights Forum
- India has always been selective in human rights discussions, says Secretary General of Amnesty International
- EU Parliament resolution puts spotlight on Sri Lanka’s rights situation
- Xinjiang Religious Leader Says U.S. Lying About Human Rights Violations in Region, China
- Sri Lanka accuses UN human rights chief of prejudice
- Everything Missing From the Human Rights Watch Report Calling Israel Apartheid | Opinion
- Activists demand new ASEAN chair Vietnam address human rights in region
- Chinese Diplomat Blasts Meeting About Uyghurs Human Rights as 'Political Tool' to 'Contain China'
- EU Presses Vietnam to Improve Human Rights Ahead of Trade Deal
- Sri Lanka's cremation of COVID-19 deceased, including Muslims, a human rights violation, UN says
- Conservative Jewish Groups Oppose Biden’s Anti-Israel Pick, Sarah Margon, for Human Rights Post
- More killings feared if UN Human Rights Council fails to act vs impunity in PH
- Human Rights Day 2020: What Is Its Significance In The Time Of Covid-19 Pandemic?
- South Korea slashes North Korea human rights budget, raises regime aid
- US human rights report blasts China over Uighurs, Russia's targeting of Navalny
- Defector and former diplomat work together to protect human rights in North
- How a Human Rights Angel Lost Her Halo
- Narges Mohammadi: Iranian human rights activist continues fight despite renewed punishment
- Olympic Committee Slaps New Human Rights Rules on Paris, L.A. That Won't Apply to Beijing
- Vietnam rejects China's unilateral fishing ban
Vietnam rejects some int’l organizations’ prejudices on human rights situation have 456 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.