According to a report from the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of the Southeast region and the Mekong Delta, the rice production area in 2022 is estimated at 4.12 million hectares, with a rice output of over 25.5 million tons. At the conference, representatives of the Department of Crop Production, institutes, universities, and leaders of the agricultural sector in the region assessed the positives and negatives of production in 2022. Specifically, the rice production industry has made great efforts. Although the rice growing area has decreased, rice production has remained stable.
Notably, the 400,000ha of rice in the area often threatened by drought and saltwater intrusion has adapted to safe production. The application of mechanization by farmers in direct seeding by drones has also significantly reduced the volume of seeds. As a result, the amount of rice seeds of less than 100 kg per ha for direct seeding is showing positive changes, and that of higher than 150 kg per ha tends to decrease, while that of 120 – 130 kg per ha is being implemented in provinces. However, this process is still slow.
According to Mr. Le Thanh Tung, Deputy Director of the Department of Crop Production, it is necessary and urgent to reduce the amount of rice seeds for direct seeding to about 80kg per ha, which is the key to reducing the cost of rice production. When the amount of rice seed is reduced, the costs of fertilizers, pesticides, and irrigation will decrease in tandem, and farmers’ profits will increase.
Mr. Le Thanh Tung added that the greater meaning of reducing the volume of sowing seeds is to increase the competitiveness of rice exports. At the same time, when reducing the amount of seeds, fertilizers and pesticides will be cut; Hence, the food safety levels will increase, facilitating Vietnamese rice to meet the standards of fastidious importing countries, such as Europe, Japan, and South Korea. It is an opportunity to build a safer and more friendly Vietnamese rice brand.
By Vinh Tuong – Translated by Bao Nghi
- Newly identified rice gene may help reduce nitrogen fertilizer use
- Dry Season Farming: Rice millers demand simplified conditions of CBN’s P-AADS
- COVID-19 successes, multilateral diplomacy, devastating disasters among Việt Nam’s top 10 events in 2020
- COVID-19 successes, multilateral diplomacy, devastating disasters among Vietnam’s top events in 2020
- What happens to your body and mind when you reduce your drinking
- Stunning! No. 8 Denver Nuggets’ overtime win upsets No. 1 seed Seattle SuperSonics
- King of the castle: The story behind the server-smashing success of Fall Guys
- Acadiana artists mourn Cheryl Castille, who planted 'seeds of imagination and drive' in others
- Is Matt Hancock backing off mid-February vaccine target ALREADY? Tory MPs accuse Health Secretary of downplaying chances of success and leaving himself 'plenty of wriggle room' - as one gives verdict 'they've not a hope in hell'
- Five centrist Democrats oppose Pelosi for Speaker in tight vote
- Sky is the limit for Vietnam’s growth
- Amid Pandemic, US Farmers Endure Another Year of Uncertainty
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 29
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 10
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 9
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 9
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 10
- The NO diet January: 15 unexpected habits to adopt that will help you to eat more healthily - from snacking on cheese to drinking more tea
Reducing amount of seeds for direct seeding – key to success of rice have 654 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.