During the meeting, the Vietnamese leader expressed his deep sympathy over the passing of the late PM. He spoke highly of Abe's special contributions to Vietnam-Japan relationship, and to promoting parliamentary cooperation between the two countries in recent years.
He affirmed that Vietnam attaches great importance to and wishes to work with Japan to strengthen their extensive strategic partnership.
President Phuc suggested the two sides continue to deepen multifaceted cooperation in accordance with the will of late PM Abe, including strengthening exchanges of delegations at all levels, and cooperation between the legislative bodies.
He called on the House of Representatives of Japan to support the Japanese government's assistance for Vietnam in building an independent, self-reliant economy that is extensively and intensively integrated into the world through the provision of official development assistance (ODA); and promote trade and investment cooperation, and cultural and people-to-people exchanges.
For his part, Hosoda thanked President Phuc and extended his thanks to the Vietnamese leaders for sending a high-ranking delegation to attend the state funeral.
This is a special gesture that shows the respect of the Vietnamese leaders for the late Japanese PM, and recognition for his dedication to Vietnam–Japan relations, he said.
The speaker recalled Abe's desire to step up the Vietnam-Japan relationship during his lifetime, emphasizing that the late PM attached great importance to Vietnam’s role in the region and devoted much to promoting the comprehensive cooperation between the two countries.
He said for Japan, Vietnam is an economic-trade and labor partner, affirming his country's support for promoting relations, especially in infrastructure development, ODA, technology transfer, bringing Vietnamese farm produce to the Japanese market, and labor cooperation.
The two sides agreed to continue close cooperation in international issues and support the role and stance of ASEAN, thus contributing to promoting peace, stability, cooperation and development in the region and the world.
- Trump to meet with Japanese prime minister, with North Korea summit a possibility
- Donald Trump Faces Presidency-Defining Moment as House Leaders Struggle to Find Votes for Paul Ryan Amnesty Plan
- Schumer stalling on Kavanaugh meeting deepens White House rift
- Report: Trump, Rosenstein, Wray Meet at White House over 2016 Spying
- During ‘Excellent’ Meeting At White House, Trump Calls Obama a ‘Very Good Man’
- Trump meets with Japan's Shinzo Abe at White House — live updates
- Paul Ryan Urges Congress: Don’t ‘Step in the Way’ of Trump-Rosenstein Meeting
- What Does The Speaker Of The House Do?
- Trump meets with Chinese vice premier on trade—live updates
- ‘House of Cards’ Star Michael Kelly: Trump Punishing Americans ‘for His Stupid A** Wall’
- Trump meets with Japan's Shinzo Abe — live updates
- Democrats Silent on ‘Good Faith’ Offer to Open Government, Says White House
- Virgil: The President’s Controversial Policy Toward Russia: The Good Guys Risk Losing If the Bad Guys Are United — Part One
- House set to pass stopgap spending bill to prevent shutdown
- Russian Ambassador: Moscow Ready to Discuss Putin Visit to White House
- Kanye West Hugs Donald Trump During White House Visit, Stars Criticize Rapper
- David Lynch thinks Donald Trump 'could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history'
- Kanye West to meet with Donald Trump, Jared Kushner at White House
- Kim Kardashian visits White House
- The Lack Of Affordable Housing Is ‘The Single Biggest Problem California Faces’
President meets with Speaker of Japanese House of Representatives have 541 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.