Vietnam said it's making efforts to ensure the legitimate rights of its citizens.
More than 1,000 Vietnamese have been rescued from labor cheating rings in Cambodia, according to Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang.
|Cheated Vietnamese people return to Moc Bai Border Gate, Tay Ninh Province, Vietnam. Photo: VNA|
About 40% of the people have been rescued so far this month, Hang said at the press conference today [September 22], adding that further cooperation between the Vietnamese and Cambodian forces is on the way.
MOFA and related agencies will continue working with Cambodian authorities to timely conduct citizen protection work to ensure the legitimate rights of the victims, she noted.
The rescue has involved the participation of Border Guards, Police, and other forces in provinces bordering Cambodia including Kien Giang, An Giang, Tay Ninh, and Long An.
Recently, the number of Vietnamese workers attempting to flee illegal facilities in Cambodia has been on the rise. Reasons for the escape include overwork, unpaid jobs, poor working conditions, maltreatment, among others.
Most of people are involved in deceptive job offers and illegal labor contracts made by networks of middlemen. They work mostly in casinos throughout Cambodia, mostly in Phnom Penh, Svay Rieng and Kandal provinces.
- In Cambodia, Dissenting Voters Find Ways to Say ‘None of the Above’
- Australian on trial in Cambodia testifies he is not a spy
- Cambodia’s Sham Election Shows The Limits Of Nation Building
- Cambodia's Strongman Completes Government Takeover in Elections White House Says Were Neither Free Nor Fair
- Cambodia: Easy Win Predicted for Ruling Party in Uneven Poll
- 30 people deported by United States arrive in Cambodia
- Animal rescue orgs to host adoption event Saturday
- Starving housecat found cowering on NC mountain peak. A rescue group saved him.
- Police Rescue Man From Baby Squirrel That Wouldn't Stop Following Him
- Vietnamese sailor rescued from Philippine militants' camp after nine months
- Letter From Cambodia
- Rehnquist, Cambodia & Abu Ghraib
- Taiwan says seven nationals detained in Cambodia for telecom fraud
- China's big money trumps U.S. influence in Cambodia
- Cambodia accuses U.S. of political interference, calls U.S. democracy 'bloody and brutal'
- Cambodia's main opposition party forced to disband
- Cambodia orders U.S.-funded group to leave in new anti-American move
- Taiwan protests against Cambodia sending Taiwanese fraud suspects to China
- Cambodia PM orders English-language newspaper to pay taxes or close
- Cambodia changes election law ahead of 2018 vote
More than 1,000 Vietnamese rescued from Cambodia: Spokeswoman have 387 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.