The Vietnam Youth Federation in HCM City, the Vietnam National Students Association in HCM City and the HCM City Young Businesspeople Association (YBA) on March 27 launched a business startup program for youth, targeting to stimulate entrepreneurship among young people in the city.
The program will create a platform for youth to promote their innovative ideas and provide favourable conditions to realise their startup ideas, said Nguyen Mang Cuong, Secretary of the HCM City chapter of the HCM Communist Youth Union.
Under the program, a number of organizations and associations will work to connect resources to help young people start their businesses and to turn the city into a leading area for business startups in the country, he said.
|Eel raising model by Nguyen Ngoc Phu, 27, from Cu Chi District, Ho Chi Minh City. Photo: vietnamnet.vn|
In the initial stages, the program will focus on providing facilities for shared working offices for startups. It will also sponsor startup projects, expand "business ideas exchanges" and strengthen integration for young startups.
The HCM City Startup Investment and Innovation Fund to support youth starting their businesses was unveiled at the event by the HCM Communist Youth Union and the Vietnam Youth Federation in collaboration with HCM City Finance and Investment State-owned Company.
The fund is expected to have capital of VND 100 billion (USD 4.49 million) in the 2016-20 period, of which capital in the initial stage will be VND 30 billion.
Meanwhile, YBA also launched a startup and innovation fund, with a focus on providing startup projects with capital, consultancy, training, communication and others, said Nguyen Thu Phong, YBA Chairman.
Speaking at the event, Tat Thanh Cang, permanent Deputy Secretary of the city Party Committee, said to change its growth model the country must emphasize brainpower resources by enhancing research and increasing the application of scientific and technological achievements in all sectors.
Promoting and encouraging the creation of intellectual and innovative-based businesses is the solution to the country's development in the coming period, he said.
"If we develop at the current pace, the country could become an industrialized country by 2050. To achieve the goal earlier, the best way is to create national entrepreneurship, and to have a national entrepreneurship, we must have city flagships for business startups," he said.
Departments and agencies must also realize the importance of investing in building a entrepreneurial city for youth, so as to create a favorable environment to attract capital and investment, and to build a network to support startups effectively, he said.
"Departments and agencies must be aware of the need for adequate investment for the business community, especially young entrepreneurs," he said.
On the same day, the Business Start-up Support Centre in corporation with the YBA launched a national business start-up contest, Startup Wheel 2016, which will be a platform for young people to present innovative business start-up ideas and business strategies and mobilise funds for projects.
Contestants will be provided intensive training in how to start a business and opportunities to learn from successful entrepreneurs.
Open to anyone under 35 years old, registration for the contest takes place from now until April 15.
- HCM City tax revenues fall well short of target
- HCM City’s tax revenues fall well short of target
- Social distancing extended for high-risk localities, including Hà Nội and HCM City
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 10
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 15
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 8
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 6
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 9
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 13
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 7
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 14
- Hanoi campaign to help youths made jobless by COVID-19
- During the lockdown, this Bengaluru company is using an app to bring farm-fresh produce to six cities
- 5 Steps To Cultivating A Civic Startup Ecosystem, According To Civic Entrepreneurs
- Executive Turntable: eOne Music Hires UMG Synch Exec, Nashville Legend Joins Blockchain Startup Beatdapp
- How I turned a college savings plan into a collaboration hub for women
- Millions of bank cards left unused as Vietnamese lenders rush to meet targets
- Coronavirus | African nations, US decry racism in Chinese city of Guangzhou
- Coronavirus live updates: SF startup links people to coronavirus clinical trials
- Coronavirus live updates: California small businesses get $20.9 billion in loans
HCM City targets youth for business startup hub have 689 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.