Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Tran Sy Thanh, on September 27, hails the relations between Hanoi and its French partners and hopes for more cooperative activities in the future.
Hanoi expects to foster its relationship with the French Embassy in a wide range of fields, including culture, urban development, and heritage conservation, Chairman of the city People's Committee Tran Sy Thanh said on September 27.
|Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Tran Sy Thanh (right) talks with the French Ambassador to Vietnam Nicolas Wernery on September 27. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
Hanoi has established good relationships with French localities, and the two sides have made remarkable achievements, Thanh said at a meeting with the French Ambassador to Vietnam Nicolas Warnery.
Chairman Thanh said that the activities are comparatively modest considering the potential of bilateral relations, and there is still room for improvement.
The Vietnamese official said that Hanoi and French authorities would focus on cultural exchange, urban development, heritage preservation, sustainable development, and public transportation network expansion.
Chairman Thanh also spoke highly of a stronger diplomatic tie between the two nations. On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the diplomatic relation, the capital city would support related parties to conduct activities for the celebration.
Sharing the Vietnamese official’s view, Ambassador Nicolas Warnery praised the relationship between Vietnam and France, to which Hanoi and its French partners have significantly contributed.
The ambassador hoped the two sides would continue their cooperation in ongoing and upcoming urban development projects, especially the activities to celebrate the bilateral diplomatic tie in Hanoi.
In addition to implemented projects, French agencies would assist the Hanoi authorities in hosting cultural activities, developing major markets, and executing actions in the fields that France has experienced, the ambassador said.
- Vietnam-Brazil diplomatic ties marked in Brasilia
- Vietnam, US mark 25 years of diplomatic ties
- NA Chairwoman arrives in Netherlands, attends ceremony marking diplomatic ties
- "Friendship night" marks 45th anniversary of diplomatic ties between China, Malaysia
- Vietnam boosts bilateral, multilateral ties at ASEM FMM14
- Bopanna bows out of French Open doubles
- Mattis pushes closer ties to Vietnam amid tension with China
- Top legislator extends Xmas greetings to Hanoi Archdiocese
- Top legislator extends Christmas greetings to Hanoi Archdiocese
- EXO-SC booked to perform at 2020 K-Pop Super Concert in Hanoi
- Vietnam, Myanmar seek to foster all-around partnership
- George Kent’s Bow Tie Wins at Trump Impeachment Hearing
- Tuvalu rejects China offer to build islands and retains ties with Taiwan
- Myanmar State Counselor’s Vietnam visit to tighten bilateral ties
- Two Koreas pledge to boost ties
- Top UAE Official Tweets Article Supporting Arab-Israel Ties
- UAE & Vietnam celebrate ties, look ahead to expanding them
- First-Gen USSR Diplomats 'Skilful People' Who Managed to Forge Remarkable Ties with West - Historian
- Memorial speaks to North Korea’s ties to summit host Vietnam
- Photo exhibition on Sino-French friendship opens in France's Strasbourg
Hanoi fosters diplomatic ties with French partners have 458 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.