Hanoi (VNA) – The Party Central Committee's Secretariat decided to expel two senior officials, including Deputy Foreign Minister To Anh Dung , from the Party, during a meeting chaired by General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong on September 27.
The meeting discussed disciplinary measures against Dung, member of the Party delegation to and Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and Nguyen Quang Linh, Assistant to Politburo member and Standing Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh.
After considering proposals by the Party Central Committee 's Inspection Commission, the Secretariat concluded that Dung lacked a sense of responsibility; violated the Party's regulations and the State's law while leading, directing, and proposing the organisation of flights repatriating Vietnamese citizens amid the COVID-19 pandemic; and received bribes.
Investigation has been launched into the charge and Dung put into temporary custody.
Meanwhile, Linh abused his position; violated working principles and regulations; violated the Party's regulations and the State's law while proposing and seeking permission for businesses to organise repatriation flights amid the pandemic; and also breached the rules on the things the Party members must not commit, according to the Secretariat.
The Secretariat held that Dung and Linh had not made self-improvement; shown degrading political thought, morality, and lifestyle; infringed the Party's regulations and the State's law on corruption and negative phenomena prevention and control; and violated the rules on the things the Party members must not commit as well as the responsibility for setting good examples, causing "very serious" consequences, stirring public concern, and negatively affecting the Party organisation's reputation.
Given this, the Secretariat decided to expel Dung and Linh from the Party and asked relevant agencies to impose administrative discipline on them in line with the Party's disciplinary action./.
- Deputy foreign minister congratulates Laos on National Day
- Deputy foreign minister inspects border and territory management in Dak Lak
- Vietnamese, Chinese foreign ministers hold talks
- Vietnam attends first ASEAN-G7 foreign ministers’ meeting
- Nat’l foreign affairs conference stresses need to safeguard Fatherland early, from afar
- Vietnam pledges to protecting universal human rights values: Deputy FM
- President's visits to Switzerland, Russia produce fruitful outcomes: Deputy FM
- Hanoi must set an example in all aspects: Party chief
- Promoting pioneering role of foreign relations for higher national stature, prestige: Deputy PM
- Vietnam holds 1st national conference on foreign affairs
- First openly gay Deputy PM among Jacinda Ardern's diverse new cabinet
- Scholz taps epidemiologist as new German health minister
- Corporations and Foreign Nations Pivot to Lobby Biden
- New German Govt Taps Lockdown Loving Lawmaker as Health Minister
- Localities' external affairs contribute to nation’s foreign relations: Deputy FM
- Local diplomacy contributes to overall success of country's foreign affairs
- UP polls 2022: Will Akhilesh Yadav appoint Muslim deputy CM if SP wins UP Assembly election? asks AIMIM chief Asaddudin Owaisi
- Hungary gives visa to Belarusian official expelled from Czech Republic
- Turkey reverses threat to expel European ambassadors
- PMQs: Boris takes brutal swipe at Starmer over Rayner party snub 'Didn't invite her'
Deputy Foreign Minister To Anh Dung expelled from Party have 500 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.