At 15:00 on September 27, the provincial armed forces completed all preparation work in response to the storm. Accordingly, all troops were on duty in any circumstances. Around 58 cars and 16 speedboats, together with specialized equipment, were set on standby.
Having inspected natural disaster prevention and control, MR4's Second-in-Command Major General Ha Tho Binh hailed the unit's preparation for the Storm Noru. He also requested the provincial armed forces to team with the provincial border guards to help the locals avoid the impacts of the storm.
Reportedly, the Thua Thien Hue provincial Military Command moved 14,442 households with 45,051 people in storm-hit areas to safer places. According to the commanding officer of the A Luoi district Military Command, the whole unit has been on duty since September 26 to be ready in any circumstances.
In addition, the Thua Thien Hue provincial Military Command ordered its affiliated units to mobilize militiamen to join the prevention and control in response to the upcoming storm.
* On the same day, the Quang Ngai provincial Military Command established a commanding post to cope with Storm Noru.
Accordingly, the commanding post rushed to Binh Son district, which was forecasted to be heavily affected by the storm. On the same day, the Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control and Search and Rescue of Binh Son district, led by the Chairman of the district's People's Committee, had a meeting to work out solutions to respond to the upcoming natural disaster with absolute safety.
According to the Quang Ngai provincial Military Command's Second-in-Command Senior Colonel Nguyen Ra, the Quang Ngai provincial armed forces were all ready to work with the localities whenever needed, determined to stand side by side with the locals to cope with natural disaster.
At 18:00 on September 27, people in storm-hit areas and their essential assets were evacuated to safer places. Relevant forces were all on standby in any circumstances.
* Ahead of the complicated developments of the Storm Noru, the Coast Guard Region 2 Command took drastic measures to brace for the disaster.
Accordingly, nearly 100 troops, 13 vehicles and 11 boats were prepared for the storm prevention and control work.
The unit also sent troops to districts of Nui Thanh (Quang Nam province), Ly Son and Binh Son (Quang Ngai province) to help the local move to other place to avoid the impacts of the storm.
It also coordinated with Tam Quang commune (Nui Thanh district) and the Border Post of Ky Ha Border Port (the Quang Nam provincial Border Guard Command) to disseminate information and call on 20 fishermen operating in Thanh Hoa and Nghe An provinces to find safely shelters on the mainland.
The command also ensured forces and vehicles to be ready in all circumstances due to the impacts of the storm.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Pay rise for armed forces demanded by Labour's defence chief as Theresa May attacked for starving them of cash
- Serbian Armed Forces Ready to Close Border to Migrants - Defence Minister
- Armed Forces Commission: 200 CSOs unanimously reject bill being considered by Senate as invitation to anarchy
- Prince's last parade? As a boy, he loved to wear tiny Paras fatigues, but now, after what might be a last appearance in uniform, RICHARD KAY looks at how Harry's life-long passion for the armed forces has come to a sudden end
- At least 35 killed as Sudan military storms Khartoum sit-in
- Sudanese forces storm barricades at sit-in demo
- Storm damage leaves councils facing big cuts to pay for repairs
- Sheriff: Here's What To Do Before, After The Storm
- Police refuse to rule out charging father and son who allegedly beat armed robber after gunman fired shots during hold-up - so did they go too far or was the beating justified?
- UK to double armed drone fleet in deal with US Predator manufacturer
- Police in Hong Kong are brutally repressing democracy – and Britain is arming them
- The Flash: Here's What Caused the "Death of the Speed Force"
- Rishi Sunak is hailed 'PM in waiting' for storming debut Budget as even his predecessor Sajid Javid backs him
- UK weather forecast – Heavy rain to lash parts of UK for next four days with 178 flood alerts still in force
- Yorkshire farmer forced to build his own DIY 8ft flood wall after authorities refused to step in is DENIED planning permission by Environment Agency
- ‘Value of spectators’: Aaron Finch hits a six, Kiwi pacer forced to retrieve ball from empty stands - WATCH
- Coronavirus will force NHS to cancel routine operations but Chancellor promises ‘whatever is needed’ to fight crisis
- Special forces ‘will one day use malware to attack the enemy rather than guns and knives’
- Stephen King insists the coronavirus is NOT like The Stand after star of the new adaptation James Marsden compares the thriller about a deadly plague to Covid-19
- White House confirms Trump has NOT been tested for coronavirus despite his new chief of staff Mark Meadows and Air Force One passenger Mike Gaetz going into quarantine
Armed forces stand ready for Storm Noru have 812 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.