Vietnam competed in the qualifying round of the tank biathlon category within the framework of the International Army Games 2022 in Moskva, Russia on Saturday, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
This year's tank biathlon event attracts the participation of 61 crews of 21 teams, divided into two groups.
The first group consists of teams from Azerbaijan, Belarus, Venezuela, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, China, Uzbekistan, and Mongolia, while the second is comprised of Abkhazia, Armenia, Zimbabwe, Iran, Laos, Mali, Myanmar, Syria, Sudan, Tajikistan, and South Ossetia.
Teams in Group 1 will compete in the qualifying round to select the top eight to enter the semi-final round and then the best four for the final round.
Meanwhile, those in Group 2 will only join a round-robin format.
Crew No.1 of the Vietnamese tank team completed their task on Saturday, destroying four targets out of five and finishing the race after 34 minutes 53 seconds.
Meanwhile, crews from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan annihilate all five targets and finished the race after 25 minutes 57 seconds, and 25 minutes and 18 seconds, respectively.
The Venezuelan rivals destroyed only one target and finished their competition after 47 minutes 5 seconds. Crews No. 2 and 3 of the Vietnamese tank team will compete on August 16 and 20.
First held in 2015, the International Army Games are an annual Russian military sports event organized by the Ministry of Defense of Russia.
This year's edition will run from August 13 to 27 at the military training grounds in twelve countries: Russia, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Armenia, Belarus, Venezuela, Vietnam, Iran, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and Uzbekistan.
More than 260 teams from 35 countries join the 2022 Games.
- Vietnam same team as three years ago: Malaysia defender
- The heroes are home: Vietnam football team arrive in Hanoi after fairytale Asian Cup run
- Chinese hockey team loses 1st trial game for Olympics in OT
- Thomas Bach welcomes Government support for athletes to compete at Winter Games
- President’s visit to tighten Vietnam-Russia comprehensive strategic partnership
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 29
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 23
- Presidents underline importance of VN-Russia ties
- Việt Nam, Russia bolster cooperation in all fields
- China’s Hockey Team Avoids Being Cut From Beijing Olympics
- Russia Presents Flagless Uniforms for 2022 Beijing Olympics
- Vietnam’s basketball team has rough debut at VBA
- Russia war fears LIVE: UK troops on red alert - 'Weeks away from new conflict in Europe'
- Team Flash wins national Arena of Valor championship
- Champions return to vie for a place at the SEA Games in Hà Nội
- 'Squid Game' most Googled film in Vietnam this year
- Grab 'Godfall: Challenger Edition' this week on the Epic Games Store
- Pacquiao launches own ‘Team Pacquiao GG’ esports team
- 10 medals for Team Singapore at Bahrain 2021 Asia Youth Para Games
Vietnam’s tank team competes in International Army Games in Russia have 445 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.