Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam appreciated the UK's assistance in human trafficking prevention and control and expected that the two sides would continue cooperation and experience sharing in the field, said Deputy Minister of National Defence Sen. Lt. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien.
The officer informed his guest that on the basis of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on cooperation in the fight against human trafficking signed in November 2018, the Border Guard High Command under the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defence has maintained an effective cooperation mechanism with the UK Border Agency.
The two sides have conducted many exchange and training sessions to share experience, and are actively coordinating in compiling manuals on human trafficking prevention and control for the Vietnamese side.
Chien proposed the UK continue cooperating with the Vietnamese side to effectively implement the MoU by increasing meetings, training courses, and information-experience exchange.
He suggested the UK side consider joining Vietnam's Border Guard Academy in developing training materials and textbooks on fighting human trafficking.
For his part, Rycroft, who just co-chaired the Vietnam – UK Migration Dialogue in Hanoi a day earlier, said Vietnam is an important strategic partner of the UK.
In addition to cooperation in other spheres, the bilateral coordination in preventing and combating illegal migration and human trafficking are also important, bringing benefits to both nations, he said.
The official took this occasion to congratulate Vietnam on being one of the pioneer countries in the region in proactively addressing climate change-related issues./.
- UK urged to ban sale of surveillance tech to Iran
- UK spy agency GCHQ tribunal on surveillance claims begins
- Denmark considers blockchain a new weapon in the fight for human rights
- Fighting fake news: how Google, Facebook and others are trying to stop it
- Google donates $11.5 million to the fight against modern slavery
- Cancer-fighting robots are great but still need a human touch
- How the power grid can help fight crime
- Gary McKinnon extradition blocked by UK government
- Obama asks social networks to join fight against ISIS
- Teams Stop Fighting Each Other To Thwart Cheater
- Aspen Ideas Festival: How data could help solve international crime
- Darden Restaurants Sourced From Slave Labor [Update]
- US senators push forward on encryption bill. Cue warnings we'll all be hacked
- Ecommerce enables impoverished Indian artisans to become rupee millionaires
- México Is More Dangerous Than Ever For Women's Rights Activists
- NSA sought to unmask users of Net-privacy tool Tor, says report
- The People Who Have Spent 17 Years Perfecting Co-op
- Why I Play
- Tuesday’s Best Deals: No Man’s Sky, Final Fantasy XV, Dishonored 2 and more
- Ten Years Ago, Dead Or Alive Launched The Careers Of The Highest-Paid Women Pro Gamers
Vietnam, UK step up cooperation in fight against human trafficking have 502 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.