Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Health has asked localities nationwide to monitor foreign arrivals from countries with monkeypox as an early response after infections were spotted in the region.
Thailand, Singapore, the Republic of Korea, China and Japan are some of the countries where monkeypox has been detected.
Per the latest decision, foreign arrivals from countries with monkeypox will have their body temperatures checked and be subject to other monitoring measures. Those suspected to be infected with the condition will be isolated and have their biological samples taken for testing.
The ministry is yet to issue specific instructions on how foreign entrants from countries with monkeypox should be monitored, or when exactly these measures are to be applied. Vietnam has not recorded any monkeypox cases so far.
Last week, Ho Chi Minh City proposed that foreign arrivals are asked to complete medical declarations at the border as one of the anti- monkeypox measures.
Besides screening measures at the border, the ministry has also requested monitoring at different health facilities and added vigilance at certain events in the community.
As of July 30, the World Health Organisation (WHO) had recorded over 21,000 monkeypox cases in 78 countries and territories. Seven people have died. Typical symptoms of the disease include fever, headache, muscle pain, skin lesions and rashes. It is transmitted through contact with bodily fluids or lesion material./.
- Vietnam on alert after reporting first novel coronavirus infection cases
- Smarter thinking required for smart city creation in Vietnam
- Vietnam welcomes 1.99 million international visitors in January
- Public health bosses urge 2,000 recent arrivals from China to call NHS if they feel ill and tells doctors to ask patients with flu symptoms if they’ve travelled to Wuhan as 14 people are tested for coronavirus in UK
- Vietnam bans travel firms from taking in tourists from new coronavirus-hit areas
- Vietnam repots the 8th case of coronavirus infection
- Vietnam’s GDP likely to reach 6.8 percent: CIEM
- Vietnam confirms eighth case of nCoV infection
- Vietnam’s upscale tourism on the rise
- North of Vietnam reports no cases of acute pneumonia caused by nCoV
- Vietnam welcomes nearly 2 million int’l arrivals in January, 2020
- Chinese visitors to Vietnam hit record high in Jan
- Vietnam province to quarantine 300 Chinese workers
- Vietnam province to quarantine 15 Chinese workers
- China virus death toll rises to 41 in China, no new case found in Vietnam
- Vietnam steps up coronavirus prevention
- 2020 key for tech start-ups in Vietnam
- Philippines halts visas on arrival for Chinese on virus fears
- Vietnam stems tourist flow from China’s new coronavirus-stricken areas
- Vietnam quarantines more people over coronavirus fears
Vietnam monitors arrivals from countries with monkeypox have 412 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.