He also suggested the government consider simplifying immigration procedures to attract foreign tourists as Vietnam reopened after over two years of border closure, he said in a report submitted to the National Assembly Standing Committee on Tuesday.
Hung also proposed extending tax cuts to tourism businesses until the end of 2023 to help them recover after the pandemic crisis.
Though Vietnam reopened tourism and lifted most Covid restrictions, Hung said travel firms and those working in the tourism industry are grappling with difficulties and have not really benefited directly from current policies.
The country welcomed 954,000 foreign arrivals in the first seven months this year, up nine times year-on-year.
This year, Vietnam targets five million foreign tourists, around 30 percent of pre-pandemic levels.
The government has allowed quarantine-free entry and resumed its pre-pandemic visa exemption policy for 24 tourism markets including Western European countries from mid-March with a maximum stay of 15 days.
- Vietnam signs 85th visa exemption agreement
- Ministry proposes visa exemption for five nations
- Visa exemption – Lever for Vietnam’s tourism growth
- Visa exemption – lever for Vietnam’s tourism growth
- Visa exemption extended for several European nations’ citizens
- EU mulls "travel authorization" for visa-exempt country nationals ahead of trips to Schengen zone
- Vietnam mulls scrapping visas for int’l customers of selected travel agents
- Vietnam’s tourism numbers rise sharply two months after waiving visas for European markets
- Extension of visa exemption proposed to lure tourists
- Decree on visa exemption for Vietnamese expatriates
- HCM City’s tourism association seeks visa exemptions extension
- Vietnam to waive visa for Russian visitors
- Vietnam tourism ministry calls for longer visa exemption for European tourists
- Chile and U.A.E. sign MoU on entry-visa exemption
- Gov’t approves visa exemption agreement with Poland
- Vietnam - a safe destination for international travelers
- EU delegation to visit Turkey mid-May over visa waiver issue
- It’ll take Vietnam a long time to ease visa rules, insiders say
- Vietnam should add more countries to visa-free list: insiders
- Open visa policy could double foreign arrivals to Vietnam by 2020 – tourism group
Vietnam minister proposes visa exemption for US, European travelers have 321 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.