Vietnam will host a friendly tournament at Thong Nhat Stadium in Ho Chi Minh City next month with Singapore and India as participants, the Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) announced on Monday.
As part of the preparation for the 2022 AFF Mitsubishi Electric Cup, a biennial football competition organized by the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF), the friendly tournament will have the three teams compete in a round-robin format.
Vietnam will play Singapore on September 21 and India on September 27, while the two guest teams will meet on September 24.
All of the three games will take place at Thong Nhat Stadium in Ho Chi Minh City.
The Vietnamese national men's football team will gather on September 17, after the end of Round 16 of the top-tier V.League 1, as per a plan by VFF and head coach Park Hang Seo.
As the friendly tournament is set to be held during official FIFA matchdays, the possibility that Vietnamese internationals like Nguyen Quang Hai and Dang Van Lam will return to Vietnam to compete for the national team is open.
Hai and Lam are playing for Pau FC in the second division Ligue 2 in France and Cerezo Osaka at the top-level J1 League in Japan, respectively.
Currently, head coach Park and the coaching assistants are actively watching V.League 1 matches in order to select the best performing players and 'new factors' for the team, according to VFF.
- Will Nguyen returns to Houston after release from jail in Vietnam
- Bui Tin, Colonel Who Accepted South Vietnam’s Surrender, Dies at 90
- Ken Burns' new Vietnam documentary dismisses the origins of the disastrous conflict
- Vietnam’s Labor Newspaper, Where a Staff of 200 Reports on Abuses at Home and Abroad
- American from California detained in Vietnam prison; congresswoman threatens ‘consequences’
- The Old Revolutionaries of Vietnam
- Dispatch From Vietnam
- Vietnam police detain dissident for deportation: wife
- American citizen from Orange County detained in Vietnam on a “spurious charge”
- Readers sound off on Memorial Day, Puerto Rico and the City Council
- Obama lifts Vietnam arms ban to remove 'lingering vestige of the Cold War'
- Letter From Vietnam
- Connecticut woman brings Vietnam War veteran's MIA bracelet to him in Collier
- Galbraith and Vietnam
- The Lethal Legacy of the Vietnam War
- China leaning on Singapore to keep ASEAN calm over South China Sea: sources
- Uber in India: Unaccountable and Unsafe
- US man returns home after release from Vietnamese jail
- Himalaya Capital Exchange & Symphony ICOs kick off Europe Roadshow in London, Paris, Zurich, Berlin Aug 2018
- Forest gumption: How scientists are tapping everything from drones to pruning shears to stem global warming
Vietnam invite Singapore, India to Ho Chi Minh City for friendly tournament next month have 430 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.