The event was co-held by Commander of the Vietnam Border Guard Command Lieutenant General Le Duc Thai and Chief of the General Department of Defense Industry Lieutenant General Ho Quang Tuan.
Over the past years, the General Department of Defense Industry's affiliated units have produced equipment to meet all demands of the border troops' task implementation in border areas and at sea.
Since 2007, the general department has directed and instructed its shipyards to build a number of ships and boats for the border guard force.
Meanwhile, the shipyards have actively worked with clients under the Vietnam Border Guard Command in repairing several patrol boats of the force. Particularly since 2021, the general department's Factory Z173 has provided services for tens of arrivals of ships and boats operated by border guard units.
Reportedly, all newly-built or -upgraded ships meet all requirements in their units, especially in tasks of patrol, national sovereignty protection and search and rescue… conducted by the border guard force.
During the conference, delegates noted outstanding achievements in the cooperation between the two units in the implementation of defense industry. Meanwhile, they also discussed and proposed measures to promote the bilateral coordination in the coming time.
General Thai and General Tuan also took this occasion to hail the gained outcomes of the cooperation over the past time, and map out measures to better implement the task in the future.
Addressing the event, General Thai thanked the chains-of-command of the General Department of Defense Industry for creating favorable conditions for the border guard force to fulfill all assigned missions, hoping that the general department would direct its affiliated units to accelerate the research and production process of weapons and equipment to soon equip border troops.
Regarding building a new high-speed patrol boat project, General Thai urged the General Department of Defense Industry to closely work with the Vietnam Border Guard Command and other relevant units to complete the project as scheduled.
Translated by Minh Anh
- The Vietnam Coast Guard’s Logistics Department actively built the “Exemplary and Typical” unit
- High Command of Vietnam Coast Guard joins other forces to patrol and propagate law for fishermen in the Gulf of Tonkin
- Defense industry to be developed as key factor of national industry
- Asia-Pacific countries vow to boost cooperation for sustainable connectivity
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 4 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 10
- China supports Vietnam in COVID-19 fight
- Cross-border e-commerce boosts firms’ export opportunities: Seminar
- US working with Vietnam to strengthen coast guard force
- Coast Guard: "Improving capacity of technical reconnaissance to meet requirements and missions in new situation"
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 8
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 9
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 14
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 12
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 13 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 6
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 14 (updated hourly)
- Vietnam-Laos cooperation in border management and protection boosted
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 10 (updated hourly)
Vietnam Border Guard Command and General Department of Defense Industry to boost cooperation have 480 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.