Vietnamese Defense Minister General Phan Van Giang delivered a pre-recorded speech at the second session of the conference.
The MCIS-10 draws the participation of 700 delegates from 70 countries and six international organizations.
During the event, there will be plenary sessions with topics on global security in a multipolar world, and regional issues amid global security: Asia-Pacific, Africa, Middle East, and Latin America.
In his video address, Russian President Vladimir Putin emphasized the significance of the conference in consolidating peace and stability in the region and boosting partnership and dialogues in a constructive manner.
Russian Minister of Defense Sergei Shoigu also had an opening speech at the event.
In his pre-recorded speech at the second plenary session of the conference, Vietnamese Defense Minister Phan Van Giang spoke highly of the MCIS, saying that it is an important multilateral forum for participating countries to exchange points of view on strategic topics directly concerning the international and regional security environment, thus enhancing dialogues and cooperation among nations for peace, stability, cooperation, and development in the region and the world.
The Vietnamese defense chief also stressed that amid drastic and unpredictable changes in regional situation that directly impact the regional security architecture, ASEAN-led mechanisms and forums have been formed in Asia-Pacific. They are ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF), East Asia Summit (EAS), the ASEAN Defense Ministers' Meeting (ADMM), ADMM Plus, ASEAN Maritime Forum.
These mechanisms and forums, together with other multilateral forums such as Shangri-La Dialogue, the Beijing Xiangshan Forum and the MCIS, have helped boost understanding and dialogues towards cooperation in addressing conflicts, and differences by peaceful means.
The Vietnamese general emphasized the building of political trust among regional nations to promote practical and truthful cooperation in dealing with regional security challenges. However, according to General Giang, it requires time, patience, and regular efforts on the basis of specific principles and actions, such as unity of words and actions, transparency in policy making and realization, harmonization of interests among nations and the shared regional interests.
General underlined that all activities should match the principles of the U.N. Charter, international laws and regional commitments.
In his speech, the Vietnamese defense minister also affirmed that over the past years, together with countries in the region and the world, Vietnam has exerted utmost efforts to build and implement cooperation mechanisms, fully participate in regional multilateral forums. He stressed that Vietnam will continue to actively and proactively contribute to multilateral cooperation mechanisms, promote peace, and reconciliation, and prevent conflicts.
Regarding the East Sea (internationally South China Sea) issue, General Giang asserted that Vietnam persistently pursues the principle of settling disputes and differences by peaceful means on the basis of respecting independence, sovereignty, and legitimate rights of the countries and complying with international laws, including the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982. Vietnam commits itself to seriously implement the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea and build an effective, substantial and more legally-binding Code of Conduct.
Reported by Vu Hung and Phu Son from Moscow, Russia
Translated by Mai Huong
- Official Past Attendees List for Air Mission Planning and Support 2019 Conference Released
- Microbiologists receive a personal invite from James Drinkwater to attend Pharmaceutical Microbiology East Coast Event
- Kimball Electronics to Present at the Southwest IDEAS Investor Conference in Dallas on November 14, 2018
- Did Michael Flynn Try to Strike a Grand Bargain With Moscow as it Attacked the 2016 Election?
- Timeline: President Trump’s misleading statements on Trump Tower Moscow
- As US ambassador meets with American accused of Moscow spying, specifics on his arrest are sought
- BorgWarner security chief charged with espionage in Russia
- The Latest: US man held in Moscow was court-martialed in '08
- Corruption Currents: Moscow Charges Browder As Russian to Take Over Interpol
- Army Vs Navy Game 2018: Donald Trump to Become 10th Sitting President to Attend Game
- Invitation from James Drinkwater Chairing The 2nd Annual Pharmaceutical Microbiology East Coast Conference
- Vladimir Putin addresses nuclear war, Syria in annual news conference
- Putin Asked If He Wants to Rule the World, Says 'Of Course'
- Envoy: Russia plays Afghanistan broker due to US 'failure'
- NRA Ties to Russian Operatives Draw Growing Scrutiny From Congress
- Here are five South Florida heroes who served combat tours
- Maria Butina Claimed to Have a “Signed Cooperation Agreement” With the National Rifle Association
- Cohen admits Congress lies
- U.S. Companies Are Secretly Recruiting Staff to Provoke Russia, Kremlin Spokesperson Claims as American ‘Spy’ Is Jailed
- In surprise courtroom appearance, Michael Cohen pleads guilty to a new charge
Vietnam attends 10th Moscow Conference on Int’l Security have 732 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.